Author Topic: auto da fe  (Read 5773 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
auto da fe
« Topic Start: May 30, 2011, 07:16:24 AM »
With enough popular support, you can invite the local population to drive away nobles who do not believe in the majority faith. You can drive out local knights (turning them into imperial knights and causing the region to have one less knight) or you can even try the local lord.

You can drive them out even if they are not here right now, because what you in fact do is casting out their households and burning down their estate. Note that any military controlled by nobles will protect their peers, and make it very difficult for you to succeed. Militia, on the other hand, consists mostly of believers in your faith at this point, and will most likely stand down.

This process will always use up all your hours, success or failure, and requires at least 6 hours.

so local knights -> imperial knights.

imperial knights, as in listed under ruler under realm hierarchy? or one of them unpledged, dark out version in the same region/capital? what % oath and who pays them?

similarly lords. they get turned into imperial knights too?
firefox

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: auto da fe
« Reply #1: May 30, 2011, 07:48:37 AM »
They will become knights tied to the region with 0% oath (and no estates), I believe. That's what imperial knights are, nowadays, I think.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #2: May 30, 2011, 11:59:55 AM »
do you know how big a % you need to get the option?

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 30, 2011, 02:48:54 PM »
Huh. I had no idea something like this even existed.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #4: May 30, 2011, 05:55:11 PM »
It got implemented about 2.5 years ago. You need a majority faith, but I forgot the exact percentage minimum. You also need at least a...large temple, I think?

egamma

« Reply #5: May 31, 2011, 01:13:11 AM »
It got implemented about 2.5 years ago. You need a majority faith, but I forgot the exact percentage minimum. You also need at least a...large temple, I think?

You need a size 3, small, temple, if memory serves.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 01, 2011, 02:08:53 AM »

The button was there 2.5 years ago, but I'd swear that the mechanic actually going into effect is not that old! That or time really did fly by... Hard to say.

You need 70% follower and a level 3 temple, I believe. The 70% marker might be variable, I think I've seen it available at lower percentages in some cases.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 01, 2011, 02:19:03 AM »
Changeset 4122

Timestamp:
08/17/09 14:59:35 (22 months ago)
Author:
Timothy
Implement Auto da fe, thus satisfying mantis:5042

So, it was implemented just under 2 years ago.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #8: June 01, 2011, 05:25:16 AM »
and a level 3 temple, I believe

that kind of cuts down on its usefulness, IMO. A level 2 is effective up to 4,000 followers, so not so many places even have a temple that big.

Any special reason that level was chosen?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #9: June 01, 2011, 11:58:32 AM »
Same reason level 3 is required to become a priest? It used to be level 4 for priest change.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 01, 2011, 03:55:16 PM »
I'm fairly certain temple size has nothing to do with whether you can use the option. Being an elder of the faith how ever does..
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 01, 2011, 08:44:20 PM »
lvl 4? don't new temples (of new religion) start at 3?

i know i can auto da fe in my priest/lord's region which happens to have a lvl 3 temple (haha...).. being the only priest/elder in the whole dead religion. not sure about the other regions.. will check the neighbouring region (with a lvl 2 temple) at some point.
firefox

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #12: June 01, 2011, 09:27:33 PM »
I believe in those cases the game helps you out by allowing you to get priests from the start, not forcing you to work as the sole priest until you can upgrade the temple to level 4. For all other temples, they start at level 1, assuming the level 4 thing is true.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 01, 2011, 09:35:14 PM »
I believe in those cases the game helps you out by allowing you to get priests from the start, not forcing you to work as the sole priest until you can upgrade the temple to level 4. For all other temples, they start at level 1, assuming the level 4 thing is true.

It's not.

Priests have always required a level 3 (small) temple.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #14: June 01, 2011, 10:10:21 PM »
Hm, this is strange then, because I could almost swear that Garret needed a medium temple to switch to priest. But since I didn't screenshot it, unfortunately I can't prove anything, just like the estate sizes of 3/5/7 that I seem to think existed before 5/7/8.