Author Topic: Cliques - a problem? and how to deal with them?  (Read 37504 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
2) Informing players  OOC that they cannot participate in certain areas due to the length of time they have been in the realm

If there is an IR that players can play at their own pace, there should be another that says they have the right to play for "real" based on activity and contribution, not how long they've been around.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't make sense. It is completely IC to tell people that they cannot have an office because they are unknown or too inexperienced at a particular position, as compared to someone else.

In general, I agree that we need to do more to break up cliques. However, here, it sounds very much like you're trying to explicitly forbid people from keeping a good General or Banker in office just because someone who's been in the game a few months wants to take it. Sure, maybe it would make the game more dynamic...but the realms that actually do that would be much, much more likely to lose wars, starve their regions, or otherwise have serious troubles because of it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan