Author Topic: Cliques - a problem? and how to deal with them?  (Read 37517 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Thank you for giving me all of 8 minutes of thought.

I took out solid hour of my Sunday morning to try to write out some clear thoughts to start the conversation about something important, and simply asked you not to post anything until you had spent a bit of time thinking about things I wrote.

Believe it or not, Miskel, you are not the first one to think these thoughts. I have thought about these issues quite a bit before.

Also, I think pretty fast. If your issue is purely how long it took me to poke a couple of holes in what you apparently thought was a gem-like argument of perfect beauty, then I suggest you try to actually read and think about what I've written.

I don't have all the answers, Miskel. I guarantee you, not a single one of us here does. If you ask Tom, he'll be quick to tell you he doesn't, either. Thinking that you have all the answers, or that no one could possibly poke holes in your theories, ideas, and arguments is a supremely arrogant position to take. I'm sorry it only took me eight minutes to do it, instead of hours, but unless you can show how my rebuttals are actually wrong, I don't see how the amount of time it took me to do is in any way relevant.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan