Author Topic: Memorable Characters  (Read 13588 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Memorable Characters
« Reply #15: September 05, 2017, 12:45:42 PM »
Good that I ain't here to satisfy you  ;) ;) :D

't'was fuel for years to follow  ;D
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 06, 2017, 03:11:17 AM »
One of these days I will get a character on this list.

#BMgoals

Alright you are definitely on my list,
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #17: September 06, 2017, 03:40:33 AM »
One of these days I will get a character on this list.

#BMgoals

Selenia was the first character I've "seen" died and come back. That was memorable to me. Created quite the interesting situation.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: September 06, 2017, 12:08:26 PM »
Selenia was the first character I've "seen" died and come back. That was memorable to me. Created quite the interesting situation.

I'm pretty sure Seoras (vita) also died and later lived again, although Selenia's healing scroll dead thingy was quite remarkable yeah.

And unfortunately my plans never quite made it far enough to actually reach this list for now. I'm mostly sad that I forgot some of the names I played with in the old days though. Still Kanuni Kalkandelen should always be in such a list for me, from back on the old War Islands and later Fontan.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: September 06, 2017, 04:01:30 PM »
Seoras never died mechanically. But he did get so wounded that he received the 'dead' status, giving me a palpitation when I first spied those words. So after he healed, I milked all the resurrection roleplay value I could out of it as a religious leader, because it was great timing (also, assassinated by someone since it was an infil attack on him). I think there were a few others that reached 'dead' status from really bad wounds, before Anaris fixed that text bug.

As far as I know, Selenia is the only one to have ever mechanically died and lived again, due to the healing scroll.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: September 06, 2017, 04:09:02 PM »
Nah, Draco Dogsbody on DWI did as well, while he was in Westfold, if I recall correctly.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: September 06, 2017, 05:04:48 PM »
Ah yes, you're right, as I do recall making Draco a Venerated in ESA and declaring his death a holy day.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: September 06, 2017, 06:13:42 PM »
True that. Damn that's a perfect life goal btw in BM, getting an undead char  8)
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #23: September 06, 2017, 07:44:43 PM »
True that. Damn that's a perfect life goal btw in BM, getting an undead char  8)

That would be fantastic. So many RP possibilities there.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

Zakky

« Reply #24: September 06, 2017, 08:07:44 PM »
Seoras never died mechanically. But he did get so wounded that he received the 'dead' status, giving me a palpitation when I first spied those words. So after he healed, I milked all the resurrection roleplay value I could out of it as a religious leader, because it was great timing (also, assassinated by someone since it was an infil attack on him). I think there were a few others that reached 'dead' status from really bad wounds, before Anaris fixed that text bug.

As far as I know, Selenia is the only one to have ever mechanically died and lived again, due to the healing scroll.

Didn't really need a healing scroll back around 2015 as long as your character was fresh XD

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: September 07, 2017, 02:26:31 AM »
Guillaume Chénier, Priest of the Blood Cult, died and came back to life. For the brief period death was enabled on BT during one of the invasions, he got beat up by a mob of daimon worshippers, and gained the "dead" status. I think I panicked and paused/unpaused him or did something, and he ended up healing back to life after some time.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #26: September 13, 2017, 10:29:01 PM »
That would be fantastic. So many RP possibilities there.

At the time of Selenia's death, there was already a religious movement in Xavax caused by Uthred Mormont dying once in battle only to be killed again do to I guess game mechanics. So when Selenia was resurrected, I played toward that end. but now, hearing you all talk, I am kind of regretting not actually playing her as a literal undead. now THAT would have been worthy of remembrance!
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Zakky

« Reply #27: September 13, 2017, 10:39:41 PM »

At the time of Selenia's death, there was already a religious movement in Xavax caused by Uthred Mormont dying once in battle only to be killed again do to I guess game mechanics. So when Selenia was resurrected, I played toward that end. but now, hearing you all talk, I am kind of regretting not actually playing her as a literal undead. now THAT would have been worthy of remembrance!

I think if your character had died back then, she would have been immortalized. Her revival won't become anything special once people start stockpiling healing scrolls to revive dead heroes.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #28: September 21, 2017, 07:39:29 PM »
I do think that Jonsu Himoura and Mathurin Hossenfeffer should be on this list if they are not already. I can't speak for anyone else, but they were hugely impactful on my game experience.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Zakky

« Reply #29: September 21, 2017, 08:30:54 PM »
I do think that Jonsu Himoura and Mathurin Hossenfeffer should be on this list if they are not already. I can't speak for anyone else, but they were hugely impactful on my game experience.

I guess impactful != memorable. I am surprised nobody mentioned Mathurin.