Author Topic: The Cruel Life of Arnick Renodin. Mostly of his own making.  (Read 3987 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Aaaaaaand this is how Arnick came to a bloody end! haha. Fitting if I might say so myself. Enjoy!

Death at Dawn

Morning came and the sun inched upward into the sky providing all the land a fresh but terrible dawn. The gates of Patora were open and Arnick and his large cadre of warriors approached it. Huge, two handed swords suspended from their backs and many a shoulder muscle strained if not their entire backs. His arrival it seemed, had not gone unnoticed.

Fierce and fluttering in the dawn winds was a single banner. House Gildre. It stood atop the gate, another 2 flanked either side of the gatehouse itself. Knight Gilth called a challenge as he stood before it. ''Till death! or are you too busy?!'' His words dripped with mockery, it incensed Arnick. He all but ripped the massive length of steel from the donkey cart that housed his greatsword. A black handled and wicked blade that had cleft many a man in twine before, one more! a cresendo in Arnick's head.

His body covered in partial plate that interlocked and was amply augmented with heavy ring-mail and black leather undercoats. His bald head shone in the early light and his eyes were full of malice. ''You die today then little man! I'll spike your head from that banner before the false dawn is over!'' He pointed with his weapon at the gate-top-banner of House Gildre. A startling display of strength considering the angle of the huge sword.

Arnicked marched forwards with very confident strides and brought his mean, big sword ready in a guard. ''Your mother won't even recognize your corpse after the horror's I'll visit upon it!'' Spittle flew as he forced the words through clenched teeth.

From the Player of Gilth Gildre:

Gilth stood atop the gatehouse in Partora, his banner propped up beside him, gazing at the road leading to the city. The challenge had been issued, finally, and now the issue could be put to rest. He spotted a company of warriors marching down the road, huge men, and at their lead was Arnick. Gilth leaned on the fortification and watched as the group got closer.

"Till death! Or are you too busy?" Gilth called down to him when he was close enough to hear.

''You die today then little man! I'll spike your head from that banner before the false dawn is over!'' Arnick shouted at him, brandishing his enormous sword. This caused Gilth's eyebrows to raise. He had seen Arnick wield the devastating blade in battle before, but it never failed to shock him how easily the man hefted the huge slab of iron. Certainly Gilth himself would be unable to lift such a blade, let alone fight with it. He glanced down at his own sword, a long hand and a half. He knew beyond a doubt he was no match for Arnick in terms of strength. He hoped that he could use his agility to overcome in the duel. Suddenly, Gilth experienced a moment of doubt.

''Your mother won't even recognize your corpse after the horror's I'll visit upon it!'' Arnick was still shouting at him. Gilth nodded. This was right. This man had become uncontrollable, not that he was ever very controlled to begin with. Someone had to check him. Gilth gripped his sword handle, and began to walk down the stairs of the gatehouse and made his way to the dueling grounds.

-=-=-

Duel   (53 minutes ago)
Arnick Renodin, Count of Woolton meets his challenger Gilth Gildre, Knight of Castle Ubent for the agreed duel till death.
Gilth has decided to use the 'overrun' strategy while Arnick has chosen the 'neutral' strategy, giving Gilth the advantage.
The duel goes as planned, then badly for Arnick. He suffers several slight wounds, then a final, fatal blow. The healers hurry, but they are too late.

-=-=-

Gilth wiped sweat from his brow as he stood above the motionless form of Arnick. The battle had be heated, and Gilth had had moments of doubt as to whether he would fell his opponent. It had been the most important fight of his life, and he had just barely won.

He had won.

He shook his head to clear it. Arnicks men stood nearby. Gilth held out his hand and his scribe placed a sack of gold coins into his hand. Gilth tossed the coins to Arnicks Captain.

"See that Lord Arnick gets a grand burial," Gilth said, "He was a brave man."

Gilth turned from the fighting grounds and accepted a towel offered by a servant. With one glance back, he made his way back to his camp, much to the relief of his Rangers.