Author Topic: Infobox military conflict  (Read 4053 times)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Infobox military conflict
« Topic Start: May 30, 2011, 10:07:47 PM »
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Template:Infobox_Military_Conflict

This template works fine for individual battles, but there should be one for greater conflicts as well excluding stuff like 'part of x war', 'weather', 'formations' and the result part that says 'after x rounds, y victory'. Sadly I have no idea how wiki templates work, so I don't know how to make one myself... is there anyone here who could assist?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Infobox military conflict
« Reply #1: June 01, 2011, 09:50:12 PM »
Hmmm... so, you're saying you want a template like that, except that it would be for an overall war.  Like, one to cover the Perdan/Caligus v. Ibladesh/Diocese war?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 01, 2011, 09:51:15 PM »
Exactly.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 02, 2011, 12:29:53 AM »
What details would you like to record. It is simple enough to do since the template expects all info to be provided when it is instanced. I guess the hardest part will be having someone keep track of the "stats" over the entire war.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 02, 2011, 02:04:17 AM »
It doesn't have to keep track of anything, really. The current battle infobox doesn't either, everything has to be entered into the template manually. I'm just looking for a way to get a template that doesn't have all the info related to individual battles in it.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 02, 2011, 03:34:25 AM »
Quick draft is up. Some things to consider - allow for more realms to be added to the list, either through more optional realm parameters, or by changing the system to list all realms on a "side". The latter may still require some new parameters though, as I'm sure we can have a 3 or 4 sided war. If we are recording Generals then it likewise needs a way to add more generals to the list.

Do we need a set of hyperlinks to point to important battles? Or something like a list of the fallen?

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Template:Infobox_Military_Campaign
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 02, 2011, 03:48:03 AM »
All the examples on Wikipedia show only 2 main sides to every war. If a faction should change sides during a war, that can be marked as such in the infobox. Hyperlinks to battles can be made manually, though that should probably be made into a little separate box underneath the infobox.

As an example, this is what I'm looking to model it after: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II