Author Topic: sympathy positive feedback loop?  (Read 1395 times)

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
sympathy positive feedback loop?
« Topic Start: September 02, 2014, 07:45:09 AM »
My character on Dwilight (Ezra, Lord of Shinnen) is an Ambassador and has been trying to mitigate the penalties from having a sympathetic populace. 

It seems like sympathy to every realm slowly creeps back up despite the efforts of our realm's diplomats. For example, 4 turns ago Shinnen is very loyal to D'hara and like Fissoa (both realms at war with Luria) according to the diplomacy report. This turn, they are deeply devoted to D'hara and very loyal to Fissoa. From reports I've gotten around our realm, it seems like the sympathies to every realm on the island slowly creep upward.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: sympathy positive feedback loop?
« Reply #1: September 02, 2014, 06:06:10 PM »
My character on Dwilight (Ezra, Lord of Shinnen) is an Ambassador and has been trying to mitigate the penalties from having a sympathetic populace. 

It seems like sympathy to every realm slowly creeps back up despite the efforts of our realm's diplomats. For example, 4 turns ago Shinnen is very loyal to D'hara and like Fissoa (both realms at war with Luria) according to the diplomacy report. This turn, they are deeply devoted to D'hara and very loyal to Fissoa. From reports I've gotten around our realm, it seems like the sympathies to every realm on the island slowly creep upward.

I've been getting this impression for a while, too. I never dwelved too much to confirm it, but it always seems like whatever the war, peasants will be at least somewhat displeased with it, regardless of how much effort into badmouthing that realm may have been put in the past.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: sympathy positive feedback loop?
« Reply #2: September 02, 2014, 06:07:59 PM »
Yeah, there need to be a bunch more interesting and nuanced effects added to the library of Region Buffs. I expect to be adding them, little by little, for the next...oh, 5 years or so ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan