Author Topic: New Realm  (Read 12396 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: New Realm
« Reply #30: September 08, 2014, 01:44:53 AM »
Except for the fact it was created in the Beluaterra forums, as opposed to the general forums, you mean?

Because ONLY players on the island read this forum. That is exactly why I am here and stuff you know.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Zakilevo

« Reply #31: September 12, 2014, 11:23:07 PM »
Well the realm is going to start small and that means pretty much no significant war anytime soon. I think Solari gave me an interesting idea about making a realm revolving around guilds.

I was thinking creating a realm with three guilds something along the line of Mercenary, Merchant, and Assassin. The goal is to provide a place for people to do what they wish to do. The realm politics will have to be somewhat more restrictive though. Since for mercenaries to be able to act like mercenaries, they will need to be able to declare war on realms they need to fight meaning the ruler will have to be willing to listen to requests of mercenaries etc. The judge will need to be pretty good at negotiating to get the assassins out of the dungeons and get their bans removed. Not sure what to do with merchants since black markets are gone and it isn't like they can travel to other realm's cities to buy food since most food transactions are restricted either within their realms or within their allies. Would be nice  if traders can ignore restrictions as long as they travel to different cities but doubt something like that will be ever allowed.

Anyway, for now, just brain storming ideas.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: September 13, 2014, 01:58:31 AM »
Well the realm is going to start small and that means pretty much no significant war anytime soon. I think Solari gave me an interesting idea about making a realm revolving around guilds.

I was thinking creating a realm with three guilds something along the line of Mercenary, Merchant, and Assassin. The goal is to provide a place for people to do what they wish to do. The realm politics will have to be somewhat more restrictive though. Since for mercenaries to be able to act like mercenaries, they will need to be able to declare war on realms they need to fight meaning the ruler will have to be willing to listen to requests of mercenaries etc. The judge will need to be pretty good at negotiating to get the assassins out of the dungeons and get their bans removed. Not sure what to do with merchants since black markets are gone and it isn't like they can travel to other realm's cities to buy food since most food transactions are restricted either within their realms or within their allies. Would be nice  if traders can ignore restrictions as long as they travel to different cities but doubt something like that will be ever allowed.

Anyway, for now, just brain storming ideas.

None of these concepts work really well. A "mercenary" realm needs to be strong enough to fend its own. Nobody likes a neighbor that can just be bought out at any time. Such a realm is considered untrustworthy. Merchants are meaningless when the continent produces such great surpluses, or just about. Few people care to become traders anyways. Assassins are in line with the mercenary concept. Plus the fact that assassins don't actually assassinate, and tend to quite suck at doing everything you'd expect an assassin to do.

A realm where anyone can do anything is often a realm where nobody does anything, because doing things alone is tough. The game was designed for team work, not solo operatives.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron