Author Topic: The War.  (Read 88889 times)

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The War.
« Reply #45: October 30, 2014, 08:51:36 AM »
Damn these wounds! I always miss the aftermath  >:(

But well, good battle with interesting formations :)
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: October 30, 2014, 09:53:35 AM »
What looked like the end of Melhed and a disastrous week for the southern alliance now looks like a fairly positive week :)

How's it looking now? ;)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: October 31, 2014, 02:01:30 AM »
Monsters are suddenly spawning all over Caelum. I hear similar reports on Dwi, though I suspect that is unrelated.

Unless the monster spawn codes changed, maybe the scrolls' effects are leeching beyond the borders in which they are used?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: October 31, 2014, 07:01:05 AM »
Was the code with punishment of peaceful realms abandoned?
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: October 31, 2014, 12:23:35 PM »
Was the code with punishment of peaceful realms abandoned?

Yes, thank god.

I remember back in the days, when I founded IVF, I wanted to go to war. Heck, we WERE at war, and we did attack other realms. But we were also constantly plagued with rogues, and that anti-peace code was kicking us in the teeth, because our realm was too small and our battles did not count.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: October 31, 2014, 01:26:48 PM »
It seems to go in cycles.

Also, we received those other regions from Spearhold. That increases the number of regions we get reports about. Probably by 25-30%.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: October 31, 2014, 02:42:58 PM »
It seems to go in cycles.

Also, we received those other regions from Spearhold. That increases the number of regions we get reports about. Probably by 25-30%.

This latest round of spawnings is not in these border regions, though, but all around the capital.

Plus, if scrolls are supposed to be able to bring new invasions, one would think it likely that their effects not be quite as localized as they are suggested to be.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: November 01, 2014, 12:06:12 AM »
The summoning was by Immanuel Octavius - he's mentioned it in letters to the Sovereign Commonwealth.

It basically raised 6,000 CS of undead in Bil Havil who were then wiped out by Ar Agyr a few days later in a pitched battle.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: November 01, 2014, 02:15:54 AM »
The summoning was by Immanuel Octavius - he's mentioned it in letters to the Sovereign Commonwealth.

It basically raised 6,000 CS of undead in Bil Havil who were then wiped out by Ar Agyr a few days later in a pitched battle.

How many scrolls for 6000 cs?

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: November 01, 2014, 06:47:13 PM »
I think 7 - I didn't really count.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: November 01, 2014, 11:29:13 PM »
So do you guys have like one master spellcaster, and one master scroll hoarder? It would seem risky to send someone with too many scrolls into enemy lands... he could get captured.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: November 02, 2014, 11:26:22 AM »
We don't have one. On this particular occasion Immanuel was the best placed person to do it so he was given lots of scrolls. We don't have a Thalmarkin style Grand Wizard though.

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: November 02, 2014, 05:49:21 PM »

There actually was a summoning? My char Sassan did not notice....though he _would_ be.....quite....interested in hearing about such happenings....so if someone were to tell him....

So surely you would know!

We don't have one. On this particular occasion Immanuel was the best placed person to do it so he was given lots of scrolls. We don't have a Thalmarkin style Grand Wizard though.

Its been quite some time since we had anything like that going on. Our last Grand Wizard deleted his char with the scrolls on him...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: November 02, 2014, 08:35:40 PM »
Its been quite some time since we had anything like that going on. Our last Grand Wizard deleted his char with the scrolls on him...

Possessing too much magic can turn one... INTO A TROLL!

That's hilarious. It really sucks, but it's still funny.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: November 02, 2014, 10:48:28 PM »
Afaik, he first wasted the majority of the scrolls on unsanctioned (though some were actually sanctioned by the general behind the ruler's back) minor goals but the remainder was lost, yes.

All in all, it was an experiment in trust that ended badly and I've not been willing to relinquish control of magic since, despite not at all spending enough time on it myself. My obsession with non-summoning scrolls doesn't make it any easier. :)

And then I didn't even mention the heavy opposition that rises at every whisper of magical organization. It usually results in a strong-worded discussion between equally stubborn sides. And ends there.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 10:53:07 PM by Lorgan »