Author Topic: The War.  (Read 88464 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: The War.
« Reply #60: November 03, 2014, 04:09:43 AM »
It would seem risky to send someone with too many scrolls into enemy lands... he could get captured.
AFAIK - Scrolls can't be stolen. You can't even tell if someone has any.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: November 03, 2014, 12:50:51 PM »

Which i think should be changed. Judge could take what ever stuff prisoner is carrying, cost of honor ofcourse(scrolls, uniques, gold).

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: November 03, 2014, 03:14:40 PM »

Really? Judges can't take them as they can unique items? That doesn't look right.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: November 03, 2014, 07:58:39 PM »
Maybe someone who plays a judge can report that they have seen any scrolls, and been able to take them. I could be wrong.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: November 03, 2014, 08:01:06 PM »
What, so we can catch them for hacking and cheating? ;)

I can verify that there is not a single mention of scrolls in all the dungeon code.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: November 10, 2014, 09:14:03 PM »
The heroine Elicia Windblack, Doge of Fronen, Royal of Fronen was killed by a militia unit of Old Grehk.

The 2nd ruler to bite the dust in this war.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: November 12, 2014, 10:12:45 AM »
That is why all rulers should be heroes, it was surely sad to see my oldest charry die but that is the risk of heroes. And the death of a ruler on the battlefield is truly awesome.

I just hope that Fronen can keep up with this war, Elicia was the binding force and selflessly devoted herself to the welfare of the realm. No wonder even when I didn't want to put her name in the ruler elections due to rl (inactivity) reasons, multiple realm mates requested me to keep leading the realm.

EDIT: And the death of Elicia put the Windblacks at 12th place of most famous families of BattleMasterra  :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 10:14:59 AM by Cren »
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: November 12, 2014, 11:45:26 AM »
That is why all rulers should be heroes, it was surely sad to see my oldest charry die but that is the risk of heroes. And the death of a ruler on the battlefield is truly awesome.

I agree, a ruler hero makes everything more interesting. And it helps to keep interest alive. Who wants to be part of a realm that has a permanent ruler? Unless the player decides to retire his char, he can sit in his capital and rule away (mainly in monarchies, tyrannies and theocracies).

Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: November 12, 2014, 12:42:43 PM »
Who wants to be part of a realm that has a permanent ruler? Unless the player decides to retire his char, he can sit in his capital and rule away (mainly in monarchies, tyrannies and theocracies).

If you take a look older realms at Atamara or East Continent, many people want to be part of the realm which have permanent ruler... and then again, there aint too many "permanent" rulers. Rulers get wounded, captured, protested...

But i agree on the point itself. I have all my chars as heroes.
~Violence is always an option!~

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: November 12, 2014, 01:03:00 PM »
EDIT: And the death of Elicia put the Windblacks at 12th place of most famous families of BattleMasterra  :D

Congrats. :)

You know you play too much on Beluaterra when:

BattleMasterra  :D

I agree, a ruler hero makes everything more interesting. And it helps to keep interest alive. Who wants to be part of a realm that has a permanent ruler? Unless the player decides to retire his char, he can sit in his capital and rule away (mainly in monarchies, tyrannies and theocracies).

I agree, turnover is good. However making a ruler hero isn't a guarantee that he'll also make things interesting while an immortal interesting ruler relieves us of the need for turnover. As a rule of thumb, any ruler who allows stagnation to befall his realm should simply make room for someone else by stepping down in stead of relying on an untrustworthy heroic death. It's always interesting to have a royal relic in your realm as counterweight to the current ruler imo. :)
That said, there's nothing more epic than a ruler dying a heroic death. :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: November 12, 2014, 05:24:06 PM »
Indeed. The problem with imposing mortality upon anyone, however that is done, is that you can't force them to actually take any risks to benefit from this potential death.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: November 12, 2014, 10:10:39 PM »
Besides, no one concept fulfils everyone's need or concept of fun. If we had massive turn over of all rulers every where no doubt the forum threads would simply reflect the status quo and people would complain about the lack of stability, long range vision whatever. We have multiple realms and islands to promote diversity. Any blanket rule of "everyone should play this way" ignores this fact. Find realms that suit you, work to attract like minded players and enjoy the systems you favour.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: November 12, 2014, 10:21:32 PM »
And the death of Elicia put the Windblacks at 12th place of most famous families of BattleMasterra  :D

Congrats on that Cren :)
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Zakilevo

« Reply #73: November 12, 2014, 11:29:51 PM »
Lucky bastard!

I have had 4 heroes for over a year yet I haven't gotten any of them killed!

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: November 13, 2014, 01:31:11 PM »
Lucky bastard!

I have had 4 heroes for over a year yet I haven't gotten any of them killed!

Aha! The hero's curse strikes again! Don't you know you can't want your hero to die if you want him to die?