Author Topic: The War.  (Read 89012 times)

Thehatter

Re: The War.
« Reply #225: January 06, 2015, 08:59:38 PM »
The new Nothoi ruler could try talking to the Queen of Queens.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #226: January 06, 2015, 09:31:30 PM »
I skimmed the old thread and yes, Noldorin said something about Rio joining under ridiculous reasons, which related to his IC argument and reasons I can't remember. This was followed by a "yay rio" from me and a "we're all going to die!" from solari. Then some stuff that applied to Melhed, not Rio... which led to some toxic discussions which should not be revived.

Just have to say: most of the posts were about a gangbang against the Thal side or at least how we would lose against overwhelming odds. So whatever the situation is now, that does put it in perspective against the course of this war.

P.S.: Actually, reading over that thread I wonder... what happened to the player of Sassan? Can't find him on the character list anymore. Anyone in Rio that can fill me in?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 10:21:06 PM by Lorgan »

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #227: January 07, 2015, 11:23:47 AM »
Four regions is hardly half of its territory. And benefits of this transaction were also considerable. Was worth mulling over it if you ask me. :P

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #228: January 07, 2015, 01:35:42 PM »
There were a few of you, including you Noldorin that complained in the previous thread when Rio joined in the war against the northern. Correct me if i am wrong.

From what I remember there was considerable discussions about the "even-ness" of the war in numbers. Aside from that there was indeed my comment on not liking Riombaras IG reasons for war, as in that they didn't bother to come up with actual reasons instead of just joining (though getting them into the war was the goal from all sides).

Its the only things I can remember/find, but might have missed something.
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #229: January 07, 2015, 03:15:42 PM »
P.S.: Actually, reading over that thread I wonder... what happened to the player of Sassan? Can't find him on the character list anymore. Anyone in Rio that can fill me in?

He paused, came back for a while but not as active as before, and he autopaused again a few weeks ago.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #230: January 08, 2015, 01:51:32 AM »
From what I remember there was considerable discussions about the "even-ness" of the war in numbers. Aside from that there was indeed my comment on not liking Riombaras IG reasons for war, as in that they didn't bother to come up with actual reasons instead of just joining (though getting them into the war was the goal from all sides).

Its the only things I can remember/find, but might have missed something.

It became rather OOC as far as i remember reading - which i am too lazy to refer back now anyway. But the point is not to bring up old qualms, but to hopefully make everyone understand the whole point of the game, where the focus should be one everyone. Not just the character, nor only the realm, nor even their alliances. Effort should be made to make it fun for the whole continent if that's possible. Because focusing on just the fun within the realm further enhances the will to only be famous himself/herself instead of truly sincerely want everyone to enjoy.

I guess that's the only way to bring battlemaster to the old self. There is a reason why many who tried but gave up and left. It is all the winning and losing thing going on. Velax himself in Far East is onto good path, but i found it too much of a scripted thing. I know because i was there for a while and two of the biggest rulers collaborate to create the plot line. Before the icing thing started that is. It is the spontaneity in Beluaterra that starts to attract people again. Now the only way is to maintain it as well as attract more.

What i saw was always some people made lots of comments IG that is very much OOC imo. I don't know. Regardless, good luck guys. Maybe the next time i am back, things will be different. :)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #231: January 08, 2015, 12:23:31 PM »
He paused, came back for a while but not as active as before, and he autopaused again a few weeks ago.

That's a shame, you've got to love that guy. :) Though I suppose he's paused and returned before.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #232: January 14, 2015, 10:08:02 PM »
And there I thought I knew what Spearhold was all about... Looks like they've been exposed to Stabbity a little too long. :)

Spearhawk

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #233: January 14, 2015, 10:25:00 PM »
Took a little bit to convince us. Kind of goes against the honorable thing.  But the war on Mehled was boring. Or seemed boring to me. Maybe a little looting will liven things up a little bit. Or at least that is the goal.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #234: January 14, 2015, 10:56:47 PM »
I bet it will. And Spearhold takes on a bigger role in the war making it harder for us again. So.. more fun for all!

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #235: January 15, 2015, 01:47:38 AM »
We said all along we'd be back in it after we were done with Melhed. Spearhold sticks to its word.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236: January 15, 2015, 02:31:40 AM »
We said all along we'd be back in it after we were done with Melhed. Spearhold sticks to its word.

Surely that's a first for a Himoura? :p

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #237: January 15, 2015, 02:46:36 AM »

Seriously, was I the only one not surprised by Spearhold doing exactly what they said they would?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #238: January 15, 2015, 02:57:42 AM »
Seriously, was I the only one not surprised by Spearhold doing exactly what they said they would?

A realm doing what they say they will?

inconceivable
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #239: January 15, 2015, 09:00:17 AM »

Well, you choose which words to stick to, since the deal was far away from what is happening now. But yeah, closer wars fopr everyone (except AA and Rio :p)
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.