Author Topic: Now or Never  (Read 1829 times)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Now or Never
« Topic Start: September 09, 2014, 01:48:34 PM »
My adventurer was arrested and received a message from the Judge. That was great, a good message and a good opportunity. However, I decided to see some other character first. "Hey, my letter would be there waiting for me!". It is not. I cannot see or reply the message anymore. I can convert and hope he writes again, but I had just one chance to reply. That's intentional? While it makes sense to the character, I want to be sure.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Now or Never
« Reply #1: September 09, 2014, 01:54:32 PM »
...No, that's not intentional. You should still be able to see those letters.

I think this may be one of the places where the current message system needs some serious tweaks to make more sense.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 09, 2014, 02:02:59 PM »
Silly on my part, when I access the character I had the option to see the messages from today, yesterday and so. Just when trying the Message button... it refresh the prison page.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Eirikr

« Reply #3: September 10, 2014, 08:57:42 AM »
I believe "cell visit" messages disappear into the ether as well, since they're not technically letters. But I would assume this is a result of the sheltered nature of the messages in prison and how the code creates said shelter.