Author Topic: name change  (Read 2543 times)

Macro

• Freeman
    • View Profile
name change
« Topic Start: September 09, 2014, 08:12:38 PM »
Just how long does it take for a NAME CHANGE?
My name was rejected and I was told it would be a FEW days befor I would be able to change it. It has been near a week. Can this character still continue on or do I have to wait for new change i political are?

Thanks

Bob
scotty/
La Turn family in game

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: name change
« Reply #1: September 09, 2014, 08:17:17 PM »
Hm. Apparently the wait was a week.

I'm adjusting that down to 4 days—that should be plenty of time. I'll also clear out your rejected request so you can submit a new one right away.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 10, 2014, 06:04:02 PM »
Thank you team. I am trying to get rid of the Goodie FAMILY name as well.

I have three characters. Two knights and an adventurer. Getting started is a real chore. Do you have any pointers. I would really like a mentor that could help me to understand the rudiments of the game.
The wiki is great but!!
 I would very much like to get more involved in the game and role play.

Thanks again.

soon to be  Gideon Lannister

Bob,
First of all, you seem to be trying to name each of your characters with a first and last name, as if they were not all part of the same family. Each player in BattleMaster plays one family, and all our characters are members of that family. For instance, my characters are named Liara, Baranion, and Duris, and my family's name is Anaris. Thus, my characters' full names are Liara Anaris, Baranion Anaris, and Duris Anaris. Given the names you have requested, you will have characters will three names—for instance, Gideon Lannister La Turn. While it's not strictly against the rules, it is very, very strongly discouraged to attempt to claim that your characters are not all part of the same family. Thus, I would strongly advise you to pick a last name for all of your characters and stick with it, rather than trying to have each of them have his or her own last name.

Second of all, you have once again requested a family name that is in all caps. This is completely unacceptable for Dwilight, and very strongly discouraged in general—to the point where no name change request in all caps would ever be accepted. If you really want your characters to all have the family name "La Turn", that is acceptable, if a little odd—your original request of "Goodie" would actually be better, though "Goode" would be better still—but you simply must type it with the proper case.

I will delete your current requests from the system immediately so that you can make new requests again right away.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 11, 2014, 11:05:50 PM »
Bob,
At this point, I can only assume that you are not paying attention, as you have simply resubmitted exactly the same two name change requests that I just took quite a bit of time to explain why they were not acceptable.

If you can't show that you understand what you need to do, and post here what you actually want as a name change, by early next week, you're going to find your character forcibly deported from Dwilight for violations of the Serious Medieval Atmosphere.

I'm willing to be very patient with a new player, but not when he just ignores everything I say while I'm trying to help him.
Timothy Collett

ArthurDarkhallen

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 12, 2014, 05:57:15 AM »
Deport him.

Macro

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 12, 2014, 05:57:01 PM »
moderator;
sorry to be such a pain in the butt. I just seem to be having a number of problems in this game. If it not one thing it is another. Thanks for the explain on the NAME!. I was not aware that all characters should have the last name.
As soon as I can/ LOL/ having p/w problem now and have had to send email to Tom/ I will change ALL three character's  to La Turn and will give  just the 1st name and the La turn family name.
Sorry, my mistake.
scotty/
La Turn family in game