Author Topic: A few weird bugs(maybe?) that I've been getting.  (Read 2222 times)

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
A few weird bugs(maybe?) that I've been getting.
« Topic Start: September 10, 2014, 07:31:03 AM »
First of all, I've been getting this message every turn:
Knights Protesting   (55 minutes ago)
Protests against Bartholomew Simpson, Czar of Ivory Vale of Fheuvenem, Royal of Ivory Vale of Fheuvenem, Duke of Fheuvenem, Viscount of Rinqen are increasing, and result in a loss of a point of prestige for him.
It started back in the middle August and the stopped after a week and now came back again.
The thing is I am a duke and I have ZERO nobles under my dukedom. Heck, my entire realm has zero knights so I have no idea how I'm getting protested.

Second, as you can see I am a Duke however I managed to become a lord  of a region under another person's dukedom. I'm not sure if that's a bug but what I know is a bug is the fact that I cannot change the duchy my region belongs to. Both 'change region' and 'change realm' is grayed out.

The third issue is when I do certain actions like scouting or creating a referendum I occasionally get a black screen instead of a report and the action does not go through.

Eirikr

Re: A few weird bugs(maybe?) that I've been getting.
« Reply #1: September 10, 2014, 08:59:01 AM »
The third issue is when I do certain actions like scouting or creating a referendum I occasionally get a black screen instead of a report and the action does not go through.

I'll confirm this one. Happens occasionally with scouting for me, though usually the scout is not expended, either.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 10, 2014, 03:26:26 PM »
First of all, I've been getting this message every turn:It started back in the middle August and the stopped after a week and now came back again.
The thing is I am a duke and I have ZERO nobles under my dukedom. Heck, my entire realm has zero knights so I have no idea how I'm getting protested.
Protesting is a realm mechanic, not a duchy mechanic. The fact that your duke has no knights is irrelevant. The nobles in your realm are protesting you, through your council-level position of Czar (ruler?). They may be using a silent protest, if you're not seeing messages that they are protesting. Anyone in a realm can protest a council level office, so the fact that you have no "knights" is also irrelevant. (Unless you're trying to say that your character is the only character in the entire realm. In which case this is certainly a bug.)

Second, as you can see I am a Duke however I managed to become a lord  of a region under another person's dukedom. I'm not sure if that's a bug but what I know is a bug is the fact that I cannot change the duchy my region belongs to. Both 'change region' and 'change realm' is grayed out.
If you are a duke, you should never be able to be lord of a region that is not in your duchy. That is definitely a bug, and should be reported on the bugtracker. Please include all details, including your character/family name, region, duchy, realm, how you get the lordship, etc. I believe the proper behavior is that if you win a region lordship election for a region that is not in your duchy, that it should automatically switch to be part of your duchy.

Bug. Report it on the bugtracker, please.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 11, 2014, 02:37:19 AM »
Ok so for the first issue shouldn't the message be changed to "nobles protesting" instead of "knights protesting"? I thought it might be some crazy bug that is a relic of past times like the protest button when lords change tax rates.