Author Topic: Cathay surrenders  (Read 7930 times)

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
Cathay surrenders
« Topic Start: September 10, 2014, 02:49:56 PM »
Cathay has surrendered unconditionally to the empire. All troops are standing down. Bar Kindara in its one region, the war is over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJc5EPAyesU

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Cathay surrenders
« Reply #1: September 10, 2014, 03:07:18 PM »
Damn. I was just about to move in for some looting, too.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 10, 2014, 06:23:36 PM »
Damn. I was just about to move in for some looting, too.

Weren't we all.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 11, 2014, 11:09:32 AM »
I kind of fear that this island will now lack any form of war... not sure if there are any plans in the making though.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #4: September 11, 2014, 11:55:38 AM »
I kind of fear that this island will now lack any form of war... not sure if there are any plans in the making though.
Yeah, there are big plans in the making I'm pretty sure. The war against Cathay was setting up the union of the island as the New Arcaean Empire before beginning a new stage of internalised warfare. Or, as I'm betting, the point at which the balkanisation of the Empire will happen.

Edit: Disclaimer; I'm not actually sure what will happen but I'm sure it will be fun.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 11, 2014, 02:27:04 PM »
Edit: Disclaimer; I'm not actually sure what will happen but I'm sure it will be fun.
I'm not so sure, myself. We will have to see, and hope it doesn't take too long to happen. People will drift away fast if it does.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 11, 2014, 03:31:13 PM »
Then we can trust that as soon as a potential war points its head, all will support it and let it be, nobody will try to prevent the war from taking place?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 11, 2014, 03:32:06 PM »
Then we can trust that as soon as a potential war points its head, all will support it and let it be, nobody will try to prevent the war from taking place?

As much so as on any other continent, I dare say.

Which is to say, what, are you nuts?! War is bad for business! ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 11, 2014, 03:47:59 PM »
As much so as on any other continent, I dare say.

Which is to say, what, are you nuts?! War is bad for business! ;D

I love how everyone tends to bash peace on the forums, IRC, message list and so on, and then you'd often see those very same people, IG, criticizing wars and seeking to stop them.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 11, 2014, 03:51:13 PM »
I love how everyone tends to bash peace on the forums, IRC, message list and so on, and then you'd often see those very same people, IG, criticizing wars and seeking to stop them.

I agree—and would point out, for the sarcasm-impaired (whether you're one of those or not, Chénier), that my comment was entirely intended as tongue in cheek.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: September 11, 2014, 04:15:57 PM »
I agree—and would point out, for the sarcasm-impaired (whether you're one of those or not, Chénier), that my comment was entirely intended as tongue in cheek.

Of course.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 15, 2014, 02:40:23 PM »
Ohnar West complains about Coralynth attacking their region... Declare war, already! All the nobles want it, it's just the sleezy rulers standing in the way, now. The attack on Hosiel is a pefect excuse to get things going.