Author Topic: how to join army  (Read 4272 times)

Macro

• Freeman
    • View Profile
how to join army
« Topic Start: September 13, 2014, 07:02:41 PM »
Gents;
have been trying to get enlisted in the army. Have sent out messages stating this but have had no reply.
JUST HOW can I get in. I have at the present 2 Noble characters.

Thanks

scotty/
La Turn family in game

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: how to join army
« Reply #1: September 13, 2014, 07:04:08 PM »
If your character is a knight with an estate, then your Lord needs to assign you to an army. If you write to your Lord personally and he doesn't respond or assign you to an army within a day or so, I strongly recommend finding a new Lord. There should be plenty of free estates in most realms at this point.

If your character does not yet have an estate, he can assign himself to an army, through a link on the Politics page.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Macro

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 13, 2014, 08:37:35 PM »
Okay/ will change to a diff Lord/ realm.

thanks
scotty/
La Turn family in game

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 13, 2014, 09:11:20 PM »
Finding a new Lord might be less work (travel time) that a new realm.

Whatever course you may chose, I would suggest taking the opportunity to think about how the event affects our noble.

At the least determine what kind of ill impression the Lord whom shunned your character has made and decide if a grudge is in order.

At best write a role play describing your characters reaction/feelings and maybe even start planning revenge!

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 13, 2014, 10:30:09 PM »
Sometimes if the lord isn't too active, he may overlook the realmwide message. You may try sending a personal message to your lord, ask the general of your realm to order you lord or just find a new lord, or find a new realm (in that order, always works ;) )
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 14, 2014, 03:15:11 AM »
Sometimes lords don't publicize their vacant estates because they think there are other more wealthy estates available.

The banker should have access to more detailed information about estates realm-wide, IMO, and perhaps newbies too.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 14, 2014, 03:30:58 AM »
The banker should have access to more detailed information about estates realm-wide, IMO, and perhaps newbies too.
Everyone can see every estate in the entire realm, who has it, and its size. What more detailed info do you want?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 14, 2014, 03:40:21 AM »
Everyone can see every estate in the entire realm, who has it, and its size. What more detailed info do you want?

Do you mean by clicking every region individually?

I want a table where one has:

Estate name, estate size, occupant, estimated gold production, and lord share.

All on one page.

Also, I don't think new characters can check region pages?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 14, 2014, 11:00:45 AM »
While creating a new character, you can choose which estate you specifically want and check the est. income too if I'm not wrong.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 14, 2014, 11:06:55 AM »
true. If a new player chooses an estate and ends up in the same situation as this fellow, they can not get back to that screen unless they create a new character.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: September 14, 2014, 02:38:52 PM »
While creating a new character, you can choose which estate you specifically want and check the est. income too if I'm not wrong.

Yes, minus the lord share, which often results in pretty big surprises (at least for me, it seems like when I'd shop for the best income on the continent, I'd get a 50% reduction surprise upon joining).

This is only available at character creation, so not useful for those switching realms or immigrating from another continent. It would be really nice to have it in these cases too, though, travelling to take up an estate when immigrating just wastes so much time.

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 14, 2014, 07:02:17 PM »
Speaking about that, is it possible for us to bring back some elements of the old estate system?
I am just talking specifically about being able to directly swear fealty to the Lord, without needing to travel to the region itself. I noticed that knights tend to be concentrated around the capital, many people just dont bother to make the journey for the estate.
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: September 14, 2014, 09:36:00 PM »
Sure would be nice to not have to travel all that way to grab an estate.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.