Author Topic: Saving Ikalak was a waste of effort  (Read 23267 times)

Medevandalist

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Saving Ikalak was a waste of effort
« Reply #15: September 17, 2014, 02:02:20 AM »
That is a judges agreement, which I think works fine in the game.

We also made a strict rule about spies, both for & against us - be interesting if anyone genuinely would go along with that.

Is it possible to have a "clean" island?  ???

So long as those in power want it, and work together we can.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 17, 2014, 02:08:50 AM »
That is a judges agreement, which I think works fine in the game.

We also made a strict rule about spies, both for & against us - be interesting if anyone genuinely would go along with that.

Is it possible to have a "clean" island?  ???

Not really, just like in RL no matter how many rules you impose, there will be some who attempt to operate outside of them. Certainly you should be able to make them a very small group though.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #17: September 17, 2014, 02:27:56 AM »
That's what I mean, though. A small group of 3 rulers & their judges, laying some ground rules and punishments for breaking.

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #18: September 17, 2014, 04:47:25 AM »
I think no communication outside of on the battlefield would be a grand idea. Messengers get killed on sight otherwise. Even if people try to break this OOC I think it's a good initiative.

Also in Taselak we were so mad when Sandalak thrashed Ikalak and stormed their capital. The regions that betrayed Ikalak and flipped to Sandalak pushed them all the way there and sped them ahead of our own war plans by one or two weeks. As a result we stopped marching on Ikalak's capital and turned around to contest Sandalak's position as the strongest and most cohesive realm on the island.

They've done well, but it's the curse of the three way that you did too well. And then when Taselak started doing well Ikalak was already too bruised and there was too much mistrust with Sandalak.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #19: September 17, 2014, 04:59:42 AM »
Yeah, Taselak's battle plan has always made sense, and no problems with it from my opinion.

Ikalak seems to have dropped out of the game. Guess we'll see how things shape up.

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #20: September 17, 2014, 07:05:18 AM »
Yeah, if they're biding their time it would be good for them to biding their time to throw a real spanner in the works.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: September 17, 2014, 09:27:30 AM »
I paused my character, most because of lack of time... but with 3 realms you will "always" end with a 2x1 instead of 1x1x1. I don't know if add Toren again would be something good, but at least it's more fun to have 2x2 or 1x1x2, etc. There are more options to avoid the lames.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #22: September 17, 2014, 12:38:40 PM »
The nobles of Ikalak's orders were to sit in the capital, and anyone who attacked the other realms was threatened with immediate banishment.

...This, on a War Island.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: September 17, 2014, 12:41:46 PM »
The nobles of Ikalak's orders were to sit in the capital, and anyone who attacked the other realms was threatened with immediate banishment.

I don't know what is sadder, that the orders were given, or that the nobility FOLLOWED them.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #24: September 17, 2014, 02:29:41 PM »
I don't know what is sadder, that the orders were given, or that the nobility FOLLOWED them.

This.

What a pathetic state of the game when 48 people are given a war island and agree to sit and do that. From the first day, Ikalak has been the epitome of everything that can be bad about this game sometimes.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:31:22 PM by Miskel Hemmings »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: September 17, 2014, 05:44:26 PM »
Roll out the silent protests. Crank up the pressure on the ones in charge.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: September 17, 2014, 06:06:02 PM »
Region switching based on whomever happens to be winning at that moment in time ruins the war aspect of the war island, which is why we in Taselak adopted a policy of banning any lords who defect their regions to us for treachery and cowardice. I asked Ikalak to do something similar but I only got a rather snarky response from their king, which was interesting as Ikalak suffered rather heavily earlier in the war from a lot of lords switching the allegiance of their realms.
To be fair, being outnumbered by Taselak almost 2 to 1, Ikalak's only chance to win is absorbing what's left of the Sandies. It's easy to ban immigrants when you're the largest realm by far and are winning decisively.

You play Cody, right? A brigand who was consecutively banished from both Taselak and Sandalak for not following orders, not playing in team and even spying.
Now you're doing the same in Ikalak and it's actually fine and dandy in-character, but why mislead people OOCly?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: September 17, 2014, 06:10:46 PM »
To be fair, being outnumbered by Taselak almost 2 to 1, Ikalak's only chance to win is absorbing what's left of the Sandies. It's easy to ban immigrants when you're the largest realm by far and are winning decisively.

If victory is impossible, then death in glorious battle, in order to bring upon a quicker island reset, is preferable to a long period of inactive agony.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: September 17, 2014, 06:11:54 PM »
If victory is impossible, then death in glorious battle, in order to bring upon a quicker island reset, is preferable to a long period of inactive agony.

Y'know, I think I've agreed with Chénier more in the last couple months than in the preceding 8 years or so ;D

I do so again.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: September 17, 2014, 06:15:30 PM »

Indeed. If we're beaten, I'm not joining Ikalak. I have no specific hatred for Taselak and no desire to see them lose. Once I lose, I'll leave the war islands and wait for the reset.
After all it's a roleplaying game.