Author Topic: A Lapallanchian Ruler for Perdan \o/  (Read 7114 times)

Zakilevo

Re: A Lapallanchian Ruler for Perdan \o/
« Reply #15: September 24, 2014, 06:50:41 AM »
I think it's funny how this ended up, considering what the new ruler of Perdan agreed to give up. Poor, unappreciated Meivmayr.

Well she is just doing what I've tried to do. :/ But you know, Perdanese characters never trusted Meivmayr despite him fighting for Westmoor until the end. Oh well.

It has been an interesting journey for Meivmayr. Caligus to Fallangard, then to Westmoor and now Perdan. Westmoor was probably the only welcoming realm :( Well I guess my family's history isn't exactly friendly toward the southern alliance so it was expected. Westmoor was just a nice surprise.

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 24, 2014, 01:21:49 PM »
Westmoor was probably the only welcoming realm :( Well I guess my family's history isn't exactly friendly toward the southern alliance so it was expected. Westmoor was just a nice surprise.

Westmoor usually gave anyone who joined a 'clean skin'. It had a tradition going back as far as I can remember of letting waifs and strays wipe clean their past actions and make a fresh start. During my years in the realm, I can't remember anyone who joined ever being immediately met with hostility just because of their family name or history. If the Westmoorians became hostile to them, it was normally due to their actions in the realm.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 24, 2014, 02:24:25 PM »
Kudos to Westmoor. That's usually a good tradition for any realm to have. Castigating any character without good reason is never a good idea.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ravier Nebehn

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: September 24, 2014, 05:10:43 PM »
Don't get me wrong, when a Lapallanch joined Westmoor Ravier's first instinct was "Spai!". But Meivmayr proved himself otherwise and earned his respect the hard way.

On the topic of welcoming realms.. I'm in agreement with Lappy. I brought Malos home from FEI to Perdan. Not a single person welcomed him with the noted exception of an OOC note from Lappy. After re-establishing him in the CoH, he got an offer from Foxglove to come to Sirion and help try to heal the wounds there, and that's where he is now. Still no-one welcoming him bar the IC letters exchanged between Malos and Ecthelion. Now that latter one might be down to the fact he's a CoH priest.

On the flipside, I've always felt my characters were welcome in the smaller realms of EI. Ravier (and Serrin) were welcomed in Eponllyn without shadow of a doubt. I wonder whether it's a small vs. large kind of thing.