Author Topic: group hunting  (Read 4598 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: group hunting
« Topic Start: September 22, 2014, 06:14:31 PM »
But As you say, If I talk to enough people PERHAPS I will advance BUT it sure makes one wonder if the effort would be all that worth while.
BattleMaster is very free-form. There are no rigid objectives, goals, or "achievements". You set your own objectives. Do whatever you want to do. That can make it difficult to adjust to, as most people are familiar with the rigid structures set up by your typical game. (i.e. Conquer the Enemy, Achieve World Domination, Save the Kittens, etc.)

Ideally, you should come up with objectives, goals, motivations, etc., for your characters yourself. What do each of your characters want to do? Your Ikalak character is pretty easy for this: Help your realm win by defeating the other two realms. Your D'Haran character could have all kinds of different plans/motivations:
* Help D'Hara defeat the Lurians
* Become Lord of Qubel Lighthouse
* Defeat the monsters plaguing the western subcontinent
* Become ruler of D'Hara, and turn it into a proper monarchy or republic
* Spread Sanguis Astroism over the entire island
* Create your own religion to displace Sanguis Astroism from the D'Haran lands
* Document the history of the continent

Or you may want to pick a particular story you want to tell, or a situation you want to explore. Maybe you want to see what happens with a character with a particular character flaw or exaggerated trait. Lapallanch played his War island character as a midget wielding an oversize mace he calls his Toe Crusher.

Or you could just go with the flow, see what's happening around your character, and join in with whatever is happening.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.