Author Topic: Adventure of Gary Ketchum, the Young  (Read 2210 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Adventure of Gary Ketchum, the Young
« Topic Start: September 19, 2014, 10:35:39 AM »
Adventure of Gary Ketchum, the Young

Roleplay from Gary Ketchum

First battle in Meuse
Receiving order from his realm General Stratarchos Brock, who is also his brother. Gary rides horse alongside his 46 Cavalrymen to Meuse. Moving together with Gary, there are: Vice Marshal Earl Malakai of the Army of Nivemus, Legados Lucienne and Earl Krankos. Together they make up 4 Nivemus units attacking Meuse.

On the opposing side, there are 5 militia units consists of 3 Infantry units and 2 Archer units.

Vice Marshal Earl Malakai looks at the wind and found the wind to be quite windy. The archers will have to aim very carefully or they will have not much impact on the battle. Grasping understanding of the battlefield, Vice Marshal Earl Malakai decides not to set any formation for this battle. Legados Lucienne deploys her Archers in Skirmish setting, her determined looks on her face, gives some encouragement to Gary. Looking on Earl Krankos who keep motivating his Special Forces to fight despite them being outnumbered 4 attackers against opposing 5 defenders, Gary grins widely and with confidence. If Nivemus nobles have such high confidence in their ranks, there is nothing we cannot achieve.

In the first round, arrows are exchanged between both sides. One of the militia unit quickly retreated after suffering a high casualties.

In the second round, Gary together with his men ride on, closing in on the defenders. Another arrow volleys are exchanged between both sides.

In the third round, Gary rides his horse confidently as he charges ahead along with the rest of Nivemus nobles. The victory has been won in this round by Nivemus realm as their nobles fought valiantly and caused all the militias to fear Nivemus military enough to retreat from the battlefield. One of the militia units got wiped out in the process.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure of Gary Ketchum, the Young
« Reply #1: September 19, 2014, 11:07:43 AM »

Second battle in Meuse
Another day in Meuse, Gary is counting on his Healers to work their miracle healing on his wounded cavalrymen. Hearing a rumble shouts from the direction of Bescanon city, Gary steps out of his small hastily set-up tent. What he sees, make his heart leaps for joy and admiration.

More Nivemus nobles are now coming for the second round battle. Marshal of Army of Nivemus Ariadne, Arithogon Padraig, Dame Altagracia, Viscount Malakor, Dame Isabella, Kronagos Catherine, Viscountess Braelin. Vice Marshal Earl Malakai, Legados Lucienne and Earl Krankos are still around. Padraig McManus, Arithogon of Nivemus, Baron of Obando is spotted wearing the Brilliant Chain Mail of Ashforth. Catherine Chamberlain, Kronagos of Nivemus, Royal of Nivemus, Duchess of Eleador, Margravine of Ashforth, Marshal of the High Guard is spotted wearing the Blessed Jacket of Protection. Make Gary glad to be in their company.

This time only 1 retreated Perdan militia units managed to rally in time for the second battle, along with 1 unit of Peasant Militia formed up. So it begins: 11 Nivemus attackers against 2 Perdan defenders. Gary thinks there must be something in the wind in Meuse region again. Another strong winds and gusts are making ranged combat a game of luck, ranged troops really need more good luck as the first round battle the wind did not favor them either.

Marshal of Army of Nivemus Ariadne decides to deploy her army in Careful Attack formation after she looks at the wind blowing with one of her papers tested blowing away strongly. Meanwhile Kronagos Catherine, newly appointed Marshal of High Guard army decides not to set any particular formation setting after she has a good look at High Guard army present on the battlefield.

The first round begins. The Archers put their arrow volleys to good test against the wind; they totally wipeout the lonely Perdan militia unit of 11 men, causing 531 hits from arrow alone. Wind or not, Ora is definitely blessing Nivemus armies.

Coming into second round, only 1 Peasant Militia from Perdan realm stands against Nivemus superior armies. Kronagos Catherine and her Cavalrywomen charge ahead and score 1000 hits, the most among all the Nivemus nobles hits in this second round. Gary trying his best not to be outdone, his Cavalrymen score 528 hits on the Peasant militia. The Peasant Militia gone into a state of shock, causing panicked flight among the survivors, 16 additional men get slaughtered during their retreat.

Another fine victory in Meuse.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 10, 2014, 09:46:29 AM »
Roleplay from Gary Ketchum   (just sent)

Captain Konradin stands beside Gary as Gary makes an inspection of his men riding horses. Horses sounds can be heard as they come near Ashforth city gate.

"Sir, the men are questioning the rationale of us riding horses against the pests. Some of them say our horses will gallop over the monsters and not horse kick the monsters to pieces."

Gary looks at his Captain. They have fought together since the war against Perdan. Konradin is used to voice out frankly and Gary is fine with it, as he likes to hear the words spoken directly. Gary gives a thumb up to his fellow horsemen before he addresses his Captain.

"I have been testing some formation and setting. So far I am impressed with some result while unimpressed with other result. This will give us some hints at how best our men can be deploy against the enemy in the future. We need plan for the future. Undoubtedly this will see some of our men being killed when their horses hit the mud during the battlefields. Do give out some remuneration gold to their families, Captain."

Summoning his scribe, Gary goes on.

"Scribe, send this finest horse to Legados Lucienne. Say this is a gift from me as appreciation of her help in pest battle recently. As a horse without rider is an unbecoming sight, I am sure the fallen rider will appreciate this horse in good hand."

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 11, 2016, 07:23:28 AM »
message to all nobles of Morek Empire

Picking up an arrow which strayed from his men shooting path to the nearest tree and almost surprised onlooking villagers in Nimh region. Gary smiles before he looks sternly at his men. Surely his men need more archers shooting practice. The war with Avernus may have taken toll on his men in numbers and strength. However he cannot afford to relax and keep down his guard. Negotiations maybe on the way but it is a slow process and nobody know the end result.

Waving the onlooking villagers away to a safe distance from his men shooting path, Gary says "Keep some distance! These men will be the guards, warriors of this realm. Even as our realm lands are breaking apart, we need have faith to turn around this thing. For that to happen, be alert and report suspicious activity to us."

=====

"People of Aegir and Morek Empire, hear me. By my Grand Duke decree, I hereby order a Palace constructed in my honour. May Morek Empire restores to its previous glory days." Grand Duke Gary proclaims this to the cheer of the people of Aegir city and Morke Empire who gathered around him.

=====

In Aegir city vicinity, near a market square.

Gary and his Captain Gosbert are walking together as they inspect the city and its people working.

Gary: Aegir city. Finally we all have restored the city back to its good conditions.

Captain Gosbert: Yes, Grand Duke. The people are happy as they can get to be.

Gary: We still do not have Region Lord for Nidhogg's Mark region. In times, our realm nobles will rise through our ranks. And they will earn Honor and Prestige that their achievements to the realm bestowed upon them enough to be Region Lord.

Captain Gosbert: I hope Sir Auric not disappointed due to lack of Honor and Prestige issue.

Gary: He is a man of big heart, destined for bigger things in future. I am sure he will grow from this experience.

Captain Gosbert: D'Hara is declaring Hatred on Avernus. What could Avernus new Ruler up to till he annoyed D'Hara Ruler the Dragon King?

Gary: That we do not know. With the far distance between D'Hara and Avernus, I do wonder how serious D'Hara is about attacking Avernus.

Captain Gosbert: Indeed. Avernus is seeking another city for its existence. I do not think they can afford another enemy.

Gary: The seeking another city part, Avernus still looking. Many realms dislike Avernus, though D'Hara dislike obviously reachs another level altogether. All in all, we are in for interesting times ahead.

Captain Gosbert: Westgard should be occupied with fighting rogue monsters on its border. Why they looking for a fight with Avernus?

Gary: You would think they are busy, we all do. However they have to find more lands if they wish to relocate from their current hot rogue points of the lands.

Captain Gosbert: They wish for more lands?

Gary: Yes. I do wonder the potential of our new found military army. But with only 3 nobles including myself in the army, our military is simply not ready for any war conflict right now.

Captain Gosbert: I thought you asked the region lords or dukes to assign their knights to the army, Imperial Crusaders.

Gary: I did. But it is up to the region lords and dukes for it is their lands knights we are talking about here.

Captain Gosbert: Do you think our last Morek noble who joined Astrum will come back?

Gary: You mean Dame Honora? I hope she does come back after seeing how much we have done for Morek Empire. We will continue to improve from time to time.

=====

Looking in the direction of the Bloodstars as his men travel from Aegir's Deep to Aegir city, Grand Duke Gary ponders the many possibilities.

His trusty Captain Gosbert asks "Is there anything trouble you, Grand Duke?"

Grand Duke Gary smiles as he replies "The future of Morek. There is endless opportunity to grow for Morek Empire. Even if I can't bring it back to its former glory days, but if I keep up my efforts, one day we should achieve at least half of its glory days. Ambitions keep the nobles going. With the realm interest in heart where we may have food need in coming Winter, we must move forward together. Together as one we can bring Morek back. The old spirit of Morek, that is."