Author Topic: Fine amounts  (Read 13932 times)

Jens Namtrah

Re: Fine amounts
« Topic Start: September 28, 2014, 02:11:29 AM »
Rich people can do what they want; the poor have to suck it up.

Pros & Cons I see:

PRO's:
- lots of stupid judges will run around slapping large fines on people to try to control them. These people will then get angry and change realm, take their region out of realm, take their Duchy out of realm, protest judge out of office, have judge assassinated out of office, have judge voted out of office, simply ignore paying the fine and just ignore orders to march with army so they don't need to recruit while stashing their money in a private guild, take advantage of only one fine at a time mechanic to go break the looting laws to pay fine, etc.

All of which brings conflict & more dynamics to realm

(Assuming Celine being annoyed at someone prompted this, have you considered that backlash?)

CON's:
- reinforces many judges misbegotten idea that their job is to sit and control everyone all the time. Rich people tend to be powerful, and get away with things. If you need more than a 200 gold fine, ban them. If you dare.

I have always been against the game supplying mechanics to allow characters to avoid dealing with conflict, and I think this falls in that definition.