Author Topic: IRC Chat  (Read 2604 times)

Macro

• Freeman
    • View Profile
IRC Chat
« Topic Start: September 28, 2014, 06:44:17 PM »
I am up in Toronto/ perhaps the chat system does not support players up here??
How do I set up>
join chat

I have tried everything. System will not accept login names??

Strange.

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 06:49:04 PM by Anaris »
scotty/
La Turn family in game

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: IRC Chat
« Reply #1: September 28, 2014, 06:48:54 PM »
The chat system supports players all over the world. However, it is neither developed nor maintained by BattleMaster developers, but rather by QuakeNet, the IRC network we have been using for over a decade.

If you are logged into your account on BattleMaster, and you click the Chat link, it should automatically fill in your family name and a list of channels to join matching the realms you are in. All you should have to do is click "Join Chat."

The "Log in to Q" button is useful if you have created a separate account with QuakeNet's authentication servers. It will not be tied in any way to your BattleMaster account.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Macro

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 29, 2014, 04:05:15 PM »
okay/ thanks/ the key is the double clik.
scotty/
La Turn family in game

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 29, 2014, 04:29:48 PM »
okay/ thanks/ the key is the double clik.

I don't need to double-click anywhere to log in to IRC?

Did you succeed in joining #battlemaster?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Macro

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 29, 2014, 05:05:43 PM »
Battlemaster yes! but in order to get into the D'Hara chat room you need to double clik on D'Hara

/join #D'Hara
scotty/
La Turn family in game

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 29, 2014, 06:12:44 PM »
Battlemaster yes! but in order to get into the D'Hara chat room you need to double clik on D'Hara

/join #D'Hara

D'Hara... I think that the game defaults the channel to "D/Hara" or something like that. Pretty sure there's a slash or something in there. At least, until you change your defaults... Battlemaster handles "special" characters (non-letters) poorly.

I don't think #D'Hara, or any variations of it, sees much traffic on IRC. You will find D'Haran players on #battlemaster, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron