Author Topic: Adventurer Infiltration  (Read 1396 times)

Thalanteus

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Adventurer Infiltration
« Topic Start: October 04, 2014, 08:34:29 PM »
I know this topic was lightly touched upon in a earlier post but I just wanted to add my thoughts to it. 

I have been thinking of making my adventurer a noble to start a career in infiltration.  As I thought about that it seemed strange to me that a adventurer would first have to become Noble to take on a somewhat ignoble character class.    These adventurers are rough and tough individuals who have to prove themselves through a long life of toil and strife.  They earn their skills the hard way, by putting their lives on the line every day.  They easily blend with the populace and are no stranger to stealth, thievery and brawling.    Why would adventurers not have a infiltrator sub-class open to them as well?  It would definitely add quite a bit of fun to a class that right now is somewhat limited on its daily actions.  Most adventurers are already accustomed to the high risk that would come with the class.  They risk death every time they click to  hunt.  Also, wouldn't it be nice to have a chance for a little payback at that Nobleman who had you held down while he stomped on you? ;)

I am not suggesting it should be as easy as making a adventurer and clicking "switch  sub-class"  But they could have this as a option available to them after they have attained a certain level of prestige/honor and have acquired the appropriate gear level (combat and adventuring gear) (A adventurer with a wooden sword and burlap armor would not last a minute as a infil)
 To make them think twice about attempting a assassination on nobles:  they could be subject to execution on their first capture for attempting to assault a Noble.   

I really can envision the infiltrator as a sub class like this:
Noble Infiltrators: Intelligent, educated, skilled and well equipped swordsman, academy trained for proficiency in the trade.
Adventurer Infiltrator:  Skilled honed through use, rugged stealthy, a lifetime spent earning the skills to take on the trade.

I think it would definitely add some much needed fun and intrigue to the Adventurer class, and even add some new dynamics to BM gameplay as a whole.

Just my thoughts,
Thanks!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Infiltration
« Reply #1: October 04, 2014, 09:01:13 PM »
We will never make it possible for a character who can move instantly to perform infiltrator actions.

I have a strong desire to improve the advy game, and some ideas for doing so. That, however, will not be one of them.

That doesn't mean I won't give them any abilities that use the infiltration skill, but they'd have to be properly balanced for being an adventurer.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan