Author Topic: Goat Hunt  (Read 3188 times)

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
Goat Hunt
« Topic Start: October 05, 2014, 12:25:04 PM »
So I have an idea that I am selling to my realm. Split up your realm into two or more armies then get an adventurer, i.e. the goat. Have the goat run around regions and have the armies try to capture him using the arrest an adventurer option. The armies will try to corner him using scout reports. The goat will have movement restrictions like only being able to move two turns in day so that he wont disappear suddenly from sight and only moving inside certain borders.

Thoughts?
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Jens Namtrah

Re: Goat Hunt
« Reply #1: October 05, 2014, 12:28:31 PM »
Sounds like what we used to do on Beluaterra during the invasions..we'd tie cheese to them, and make them run off in a different direction from where we were going to lure the Daemons away

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 05, 2014, 12:44:07 PM »
Sounds like you'd be better off incessantly prodding your leadership for a challenging war.

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 05, 2014, 04:14:38 PM »
Well i am the ruler and we have been having constant wars since we were established a year ago. Its a very small realm with half the players new. Wanting to do something during peacetime doesnt mean that we dont like war.
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 05, 2014, 05:45:26 PM »
Aha, good! :)

Well, sounds like a good method of keeping your nobles engaged and your armies disciplined in peace time. I've never gotten further than having two armies meet up and compare CS as a fake battle. I find that in general, competition between armies is a great motivator and the adventurer gives it an interesting twist.

Macro

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 05, 2014, 06:58:18 PM »
great idea! This game can be very BORING!! Maybe this would spice it up a but/LOL although not too much. Nice to have a little fun, wars can be boring as well and it seems that is all we do in here.

My character George La Turn will volunteer to be the Goat!!
scotty/
La Turn family in game

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 06, 2014, 01:35:56 AM »
If you don't like wars, I have a hard time seeing how you'd like something like this any better.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Macro

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 07, 2014, 05:35:00 PM »
LOL This would not be a WAR/ it would a game of CAT and Mouse!!  Not so boring if you happen to be the mouse!!
scotty/
La Turn family in game

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 07, 2014, 06:49:23 PM »
LOL This would not be a WAR/ it would a game of CAT and Mouse!!  Not so boring if you happen to be the mouse!!

The basics are the same. You click on travel, and move from one region to the other. You try to avoid larger forces than your own. It's the same mechanics, with the same strategy.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron