Author Topic: Letters as roleplays  (Read 7074 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Letters as roleplays
« Reply #15: June 22, 2011, 12:09:39 AM »
um.... bit late... but is it possible to alter it again?

to something like
------------
Roleplay from <name>
<titles> (in smaller font)

... then the normal text stuff

no sig
--------
... so i don't have to look up the title of the sender.... this would apply mostly if 1 side writes a narrative and then the other side replies with another narrative. especially since my advy doesn't write letters (other than when too lazy to switch type when sending out hunt links) and just use narratives in the odd occasion when having to interact with others.
firefox

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 23, 2011, 09:25:43 AM »
... so i don't have to look up the title of the sender.... this would apply mostly if 1 side writes a narrative and then the other side replies with another narrative. especially since my advy doesn't write letters (other than when too lazy to switch type when sending out hunt links) and just use narratives in the odd occasion when having to interact with others.

The entire point of the change was to point out that the roleplay header is not a letter header. If you want to send a letter then send a letter, not a narrative roleplay. Stop using the wrong message header and your problem disappears.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 23, 2011, 11:42:37 AM »
The entire point of the change was to point out that the roleplay header is not a letter header. If you want to send a letter then send a letter, not a narrative roleplay. Stop using the wrong message header and your problem disappears.

Well said. +1 internets for you.
Ardet nec consumitur.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 23, 2011, 12:37:13 PM »
hello? i'm not sending a letter. i'm sending a narrative. but if the narrative involves the other guy's title i'll have to look it up. all i'm asking is a simple way of doing it without opening another tab.

so no. i'm not using the wrong header.

imagine this..

Roleplay from A

"A sends a messenger to summon B"

a reply would be:

Roleplay from B:
"B sees a messenger from A (including title and all) and legs it over"

peasants don't write letters, so narratives is the way to do things. but to do things you need to know who are involved.

and remember... i'm asking for titles in the narratives that i receive. so message types i select doesn't actually matter because it doesn't change what i see on my screen.. which is no description of what the other character is.

if the devs want to show titles as mouseovers (over the sender's name), that's fine by me.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:41:07 PM by fodder »
firefox

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 24, 2011, 03:21:07 AM »
I support having the title back at the top. When I get a roleplay of a duke approaching mine, I want to know who the hell this stranger is to react appropriately, without needing to open a new tab.

This way, it's clearly not a signature imo, but equally as informative. Perhaps have the whole title in parenthesis just to further insist that it isn't a signature or a letter header. Also, I'd favor replacing the term "Roleplay" with "Narrative", as even orders are a form of roleplaying and this might be causing some confusion with non-native english speakers.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron