Author Topic: Character Classes and One's Estate  (Read 18508 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Character Classes and One's Estate
« Reply #15: October 07, 2014, 11:11:08 PM »
Yes, it brings a good "feel". But gameplay-wise, I still think it did more harm than good, and that we made too many sacrifices in the name of realism that sapped the team spirit that made a lot of things fun.

That happened back with the initial estate system implementation. The revised estate system fixed a lot of those problems.

And, frankly, it would take at least as much work on my part to scrap the estate system and reimplement communism as it would to fix the estate system so that it can mimic communism to a first approximation. So since I think the feel of it is good for the game, I'll be damned if I'm going to put in that much work just to go back to what we had 10 years ago...especially when I don't think it would be nearly enough to actually bring the interest and excitement level in the game back up to what it was 10 years ago.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan