Author Topic: Character Classes and One's Estate  (Read 18232 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Character Classes and One's Estate
« Reply #15: October 08, 2014, 02:00:06 AM »
Or perhaps because of the glacial pace with which the code is updated, it simply took that long for Tom to implement a new tax system that was more in line with the intend of the IR's? Frankly without input from Tom regarding his exact thinking when designing the first estate system speculation about weather the old system was or was not compliant with the IR's is rather pointless.

Similarly arguing about ones need for gold is often pointless. Very few Dukes and City lords really need all the gold the region gives them, as evidenced by family gold. If we are arguing that the game requires methods that provide income re-distribution in order to maximise efficiencies as that will provide fun, as opposed to feudal concepts that obviously support the concentration of wealth, then I believe that requires another thread and we can discuss the complete picture of methods to prevent waste of "realm" resources.

Back then? I don't buy it. There were multiple coders in 2006, and Tom was actively involved in BM back then. If wealth by class was viewed as a bad thing, then 1) it would have been mentioned by someone at some point during the process, and 2) it wouldn't have taken years to be done.

I'm not even sure why the family gold caps, after all of these years, was hiked. Family gold is not fun. Even those who hoard it often lament of not having much to do with it, all while depriving others of great resources. The concentration of wealth does not contribute to making this game fun, even if it may make it somewhat more realistic. City lords are too often egoists who hoard the gold, and yet have the audacity to bore themselves with their wealth.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron