Author Topic: Character Classes and One's Estate  (Read 18400 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Character Classes and One's Estate
« Reply #15: October 08, 2014, 02:51:04 AM »
Back then? I don't buy it. There were multiple coders in 2006, and Tom was actively involved in BM back then. If wealth by class was viewed as a bad thing, then 1) it would have been mentioned by someone at some point during the process, and 2) it wouldn't have taken years to be done.

I'm not even sure why the family gold caps, after all of these years, was hiked. Family gold is not fun. Even those who hoard it often lament of not having much to do with it, all while depriving others of great resources. The concentration of wealth does not contribute to making this game fun, even if it may make it somewhat more realistic. City lords are too often egoists who hoard the gold, and yet have the audacity to bore themselves with their wealth.

Then like I said start a thread to push for the system to return to a more controlled distribution system. I don't recall Tom saying much about the class distribution system, but then we all know that Tom often had many reasons for changes he made beyond those he publicly stated at the time, which would only be revealed much later when the old discussion mailing group started asking particular questions.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.