Author Topic: Skill Advancement  (Read 13329 times)

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Skill Advancement
« Topic Start: October 09, 2014, 09:12:00 AM »
I would love it if the skills of characters in combat oriented classes would actually advance more rapidly by doing their job (fighting in battles). Many other classes, as I understand it, do this.

I know that as a priest, I can increase my oration skill quite rapidly by just going out and preaching - time at the academy is really needed.

As an adventurer one's adventuring skill and swordsmanship rise rapidly as you go about your business.

I am guessing that Courtier's and Diplomats also see their class specific skills raise reasonably just by doing their thing.

I have even read that an Infiltrators infiltration skill can be trained somewhat reasonably outside of the academy - though I do not believe this is the same for the infiltrators swordsmanship skill.

The combat oriented classes (Warrior, Cavalier, Hero) seem to be at a disadvantage here - as it stands real skill development for these classes require academy time!

I am not just referring to the percentage chance of such a skill rising from a battle compared to the percentage chance of the same skill rising from time at the academy. Unless these values are significantly different of course. Simply put a character can engage in a whole lot more academy training sessions that they can engage in battles over the course of a month or what not.

I do not really have a good suggestion regarding how this could happen. Anything that would allow the soldiering classes improve their class specific skills at a reasonable rate by just doing their job would be great. Something comparable to the rate at which other classes cat increase their class specific skills would be ideal!