Author Topic: Skill Advancement  (Read 13332 times)

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Skill Advancement
« Topic Start: October 09, 2014, 11:09:05 AM »
I guess I am defining a class skill as a skill that characters of a particular class can increase at the academy and/or through doing their jobs.

As a combat classed character (Warrior, Cavalier, Hero) I would expect Jousting, Swordsmanship and Leadership to be the class skills.

An Infiltrator, by today's standards, would tack Infiltration on to whatever their main class has for class skills as they still officially do that job and unofficially do their dirty work.

I am not all that familiar with all the various classes and skills though. I have only ever played Warriors, a priest or two and a Hero.

I really think that outlining what each classes "class skills" are and then looking to see if there are real opportunities for characters of each class to really increase these skills by doing their job is what I would like to see. The combat classes are just the most obvious classes that seem to be lacking in this regard from my perspective. I am sure that there are others.

Base Classes:
Warrior: Leadership, Swordfighting, Jousting #Little progression outside of academy
Priest: Oratory #Rapid progression outside of academy
Courtier: Bureaucracy #Not sure about progression outside of academy

Sub Classes
Diplomat: Base Class Skills + Oratory #Not sure about progression outside of academy
Cavalier: Base Class Skills + ?
Hero: Base Class Skills + ?
Trader: Base Class Skills + Trading #Not sure about progression outside of academy
Infiltrator Base Class Skills + Infiltration #Some progression outside of academy at high risk??