Author Topic: Reputation System  (Read 1779 times)

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Reputation System
« Topic Start: October 10, 2014, 09:15:17 AM »
Inspired by another thread here is a sketchy idea:

First off, determine a set list of opposing key words plus Neutral. Something like:

Liked/Disliked/Neutral
Cruel/Kind/Neutral
Stubborn/Easily Influenced/Neutral
Intelligent/Stupid/Neutral
Honest/Deceptive/Neutral

Then place a link at the bottom of every IC message you receive from characters that says "View/Give Reputation" or the like.

When you click the link you have the chance to set your opinion of the character by selecting one of the options for each category. This way your character can only declare their opinion of a particular character once (though they can change it as often as they want) and only in regards to characters they have had interactions with - even if not direct communication.

Also on this page is a graph describing the characters results in each area. Something like this:

Liked         ####   
Disliked      ##

Cruel         #
Kind         #######

Stubborn      ###
Easily Influenced   ######

Intelligent      ###
Stupid         ###

Honest         ######
Deceptive      ##

This way characters can state their opinions of other characters, it is impossible for players to write in silly things like "I heard he makes love to sheep", keeps players from spamming other characters.

Just a random idea I though might be fun discussing!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Reputation System
« Reply #1: October 11, 2014, 01:08:57 AM »
It's not a terrible idea.

I like that some of the attributes aren't clearly "good/bad/neutral", but more ambiguous traits, and that each noble can only have a single opinion about any other given noble.

It's not something that'll be high on my list, unfortunately.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Reputation System
« Reply #2: October 13, 2014, 08:01:40 AM »
The attributes would certainly need to be carefully selected and I totally agree that there are many, many other things that are much more pressing at the moment. I just like throwing the ideas out there to get feedback and be seen.