Author Topic: Skill Advancement  (Read 13405 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Skill Advancement
« Reply #30: October 21, 2014, 03:26:16 AM »
Why is it seen as a punishment? You want people to punish them for doing that, not me.

Honestly, the more this goes, the more I have a simple solution: abolish academies altogether. Training is not fun. Having others spend huge resources on training is not fun. Infiltrators aren't even as meaningful as they used to be. Gameplay-wise, there's no reason to have academies around. People who want to train should pressure their leaders to hold more tournaments.

If you are changing mechanics to make their style of play either pointless or greatly reduced in efficiency, then yes you are punishing them through mechanics, simply because they aren't playing in the way you have deemed acceptable. There are player driven methods to resolve this, which not only allow for different play styles between realms and individual choice, but also the possibility of political and other conflict and interaction within the realm. I don't particularly want them punished at all, I was simply pointing out that for realms where this is a problem and the consensus exists that it is not acceptable within the realm, mechanics exist to correct it, which in my view is much better then a game wide system to stamp it out.

Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.