Author Topic: Additional character info page for RP purposes  (Read 1579 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Additional character info page for RP purposes
« Topic Start: October 04, 2014, 05:41:15 PM »
Sometimes, however rarely that might be, you want to roleplay with other characters.
What makes it somewhat hard is oftentimes the only thing you know about them is their name and title. Even if you've been roleplaying with people for a while you might not even know certain obvious things, like a character being particularly handsome, or very tall, or crippled, etc.
I would like to see an additional customizable page where each player could edit his character's appearance. Overall description of appearance and demeanor, preferred clothing and artifacts. Maybe even some biography facts, but that could prove to be problematic so I'm not sure about that one.
To dwell on it, optional fields for his army's and estate's description might also be cool and add depth to RP.
Thoughts?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Additional character info page for RP purposes
« Reply #1: October 05, 2014, 02:22:04 AM »
Sometimes, however rarely that might be, you want to roleplay with other characters.
What makes it somewhat hard is oftentimes the only thing you know about them is their name and title. Even if you've been roleplaying with people for a while you might not even know certain obvious things, like a character being particularly handsome, or very tall, or crippled, etc.
I would like to see an additional customizable page where each player could edit his character's appearance. Overall description of appearance and demeanor, preferred clothing and artifacts. Maybe even some biography facts, but that could prove to be problematic so I'm not sure about that one.
To dwell on it, optional fields for his army's and estate's description might also be cool and add depth to RP.
Thoughts?

Somewhat related:

On RP messages, the titles have been stripped. While I get the reasoning, as it was to make it so RPs wouldn't have a letter format, it makes things quite confusing when you don't know the titles of the person you want to respond to and need to open up his character page.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron