Author Topic: Ecclesial Sanguiastroism  (Read 9924 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Ecclesial Sanguiastroism
« Topic Start: October 19, 2014, 09:32:54 PM »
It struck me that there is not thread about this. Welcome to the other half of astroism since Jonsu broke SA! Followed by Alaster.

What is the difference from northern SA?

Recognition of the legitimate College of Lights prior to Jonsu's corruption as the only true leaders of the Church, so far currently Machiavel, Turin, and Katrina (last Legitimate Light, the others were last legitimate Luminaries).

From Lights Malus and Rabisu, that only the priesthood should rule the Church, resulting in primarily priesthood-led Church. This in opposition to voting over Church rulers.

Consideration of Rabisu Daycyn as a prophet, posthumously.

Interpretation of the western monsters as being caused by federation/peaceful stagnation, and dwilight requiring battles based off various cyclical/regenerative/reincarnation ideas from Prophet Mathurin. Thus, battles are held as sacred and celebrated by fighting astroists on both sides.

Simpler rank structure for elders and members. A priest elder for every realm with a priest to manage its temples.

Building a good playing atmosphere for members is an important part of the religion, similar to what rulers are instructed to do when elected.

What is the same as northern SA?

Recognition of Mathurin as the Holy Prophet and all his orthodox teachings.

Recent news?

Turin of the northern Church and Seoras of the southern Church are discussing future astroist councils between the two churches.

Faith growing in temples and believers (a few thousand a day).

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Ecclesial Sanguiastroism
« Reply #1: October 23, 2014, 06:40:31 PM »
Awesome! Look forward to interacting with this new element.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 10, 2015, 09:11:34 PM »
And now ESA has its prophet.  ;)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 27, 2015, 04:11:16 AM »
So a few updates.

Rabisu Daycryn and Malus Solari have been declared the Second and Third Prophets, respectively. I suck at updating their writings into the wiki though.

We've added Deverka's Day and Pierre's Day as holy days honouring fallen heroes of the faith in addition to Boreal's Day, and announced the veneration of all faithful heroes who died in battle, their holy day being the day they died (as counted seasonally). Incidentally, Rynn died the day (18th day of spring) before Pierre's Day (19th day of spring).

We have temples in Luria, Swordfell, and Helyg Derwyddon. We have noble believers in Luria, Swordfell, D'hara, Astrum, and Helyg Derwyddon (going to take time to get used to spelling this realm...). We have three priests, unfortunately all in Luria.

As above, we encourage the frequency of battles. Thus, as a corollary to that, smaller realms tends to be encouraged. We have no current theocracies, but promote the existence of theocracies. We oppose the idea of a unified federation of theocracies in favor of theocracies warring each other for the glory of the bloodstars.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 28, 2015, 12:36:19 AM »
I just think of it as the HD Realm, feudalism in glorious 1080p resolution. They dirty peasants are all pixelated though,
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 31, 2015, 03:30:27 PM »
(...)

As above, we encourage the frequency of battles. Thus, as a corollary to that, smaller realms tends to be encouraged. (...)

I must admit I joined the ESA for this and this reason only. From there, it got quite.. confusing. Suddenly my character is involved with all kinds of history, lots of names, words he can't even pronounce,.. and it is quite complex. Must say that as a 'layman' (is that even used well in this context?), it is quite difficult to be more interested in ESA except for the above.

Just my 2 cents obviously. I did not grow into it as much as any of you probably.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 25, 2015, 09:44:07 PM »
Hmm...when I founded it, I intentionally set out to do less 'long theological sermon', but at some level I feel necessary to explain some why behind why we hold certain values. Generally, I found that constant theological debate and sermons never held player interest in SA except for a select few, so I generally held such details to the priesthood and kept the theology relatively basic for the members. Perhaps I haven't been as basic as I thought?

Anyway, ESA continues to progress. Temples in Arnor, HD, Swordfell, D'Hara, Fissoa, Luria. Noble believers in Luria, D'Hara, Swordfell, HD, Astrum, Morek Empire. A few more heroic members.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 05, 2015, 05:11:51 PM »
Is the posthumous prophet thing official doctrine or just an idea many hold?

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 05, 2015, 05:33:36 PM »
Is the posthumous prophet thing official doctrine or just an idea many hold?

What do you mean by this?

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: December 05, 2015, 05:47:27 PM »
Like is it something all ESA members must beleive or can there be debate?

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: December 05, 2015, 06:17:13 PM »
Like is it something all ESA members must beleive or can there be debate?

No, I mean what do you mean by posthumous prophet?

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: December 05, 2015, 06:18:35 PM »
I think he's referring Rabisu and Malus, though that only accurately describes Rabisu. Malus was still alive when declared. Not sure if we view Malus as dead or in a very deep meditation (char/family deleted anyway).

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: December 05, 2015, 06:27:05 PM »
I think he's referring Rabisu and Malus, though that only accurately describes Rabisu. Malus was still alive when declared. Not sure if we view Malus as dead or in a very deep meditation (char/family deleted anyway).

If that's the case, I believe it is pretty much doctrine, though not one anyone loses any sleep over. ESA is very much a religion that focuses on the present, rather than getting worked up over the past. So people are more interested in listening to the current prophet speak, than arguing over whether past nobles were prophets.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: December 05, 2015, 08:27:25 PM »
Seoras is a prophet now?

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: December 05, 2015, 08:35:07 PM »
I think there's mixed views. Seoras has always held that a Prophet never declares himself a Prophet. Mathurin didn't. Nor did any other ESA prophet (nvm that one was posthumous). They were acclaimed by the faithful. That was a part of his objections to Jonsu and Alaster declaring themselves prophets. So, Seoras has never stated he's a Prophet. He's never made a deal out of being superior in balance or anything of such. He just shares his insights. Within the religion, his rank is Penitent Protector. There is a Prophet rank (from when Malus was around), but he doesn't hold it.

However, he does take a guiding hand to different nobility throughout Dwilight, whether they are Church members or not. He was a priestly emperor who gave up imperial, royal, ducal, lordly power to preserve the church under Mathurin's teachings. He did die and return from death while a religious leader. Old SA did admit he was right after all about Alaster after they gave Alaster a pass. So some within the Church do call him or otherwise treat him as a Prophet or His Holiness. It's something that has gradually increased over time.