Author Topic: Ecclesial Sanguiastroism  (Read 9843 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Ecclesial Sanguiastroism
« Reply #15: December 05, 2015, 09:31:04 PM »
Like is it something all ESA members must beleive or can there be debate?

There's not the same hardline nature to ESA. There's some core conceptual virtues we follow, but plenty of room for characters to play that out in their own way. What Seoras necessarily approves of, disapproves of is a requirement of belief of everyone else. Depending on what it is, he might yell more or less, it'd play out via persuasion, not mechanics. For example, Glaumring. Seoras thinks he's a raving madman, but he's a member.

As Gundam said, most just don't care because its just roleplay background. And I knew that founding ESA. I *try* to only use theological concepts as IC flavor for why we have certain virtues we strive for. Anything more complex belongs for the priesthood or elders, not the general members who are turned off by lengthy theological discussions.

Oh well that's true it would have been better if there were more internal conflict on the level of actual wars.
And that's how I've been orienting ESA from the beginning, to avoid that mistake. In many ways, thats the 'Lesson of the First Church'. Having that federation, whatever quibbles on what was or was not a crusade, and rulers that refused to war other astroists was what went wrong, more than anything within SA. SA was just the excuse imo. For instance, Sergio, even when it had nothing to do with his realm, stuck himself in a war and continued that war solely because his ally asked, when that ally itself was already itself backup support for its ally. And that policy of war continued even as it hurt his realm when, warring their fellow theocracy would've attracted nobles to both theocracies and made them both stronger. Forming a third theocracy from morek in the process would've made SA even stronger again. To heal sometimes you have to cut yourself a bit.

Lacedaemon

• Knight
  • Amyclas, Belarus, Aigre Valens
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 20, 2016, 02:09:50 PM »
Meanwhile in Dwilight:

Orders from Apollo Hyacinthus Lacedaemon
(Personal message to Arkady R. Mayhem)
Foul Sorcerer Arkady,

Behold the vanity of the snares you have set in the open. You lie in a grave dug with your own hands.
You have shunned the light of redemption and cleaved to sin and darkness.
Reap now the fullest of the fruit of your labour and drink deeply of every last dreg of the cup that is before you.

The Golden Dawn of Truth has revealed the blackness of your heart. With the world as our witness, we cast you out forever from the Light of the Stars. Begone from the land of the living, alone and despised into the eternal night;
Where the worm of your guilt gnaws forever on your husk as you are consumed by the everlasting rage of your impotence and shame.

Anathema is your Name and Legacy. Anathema is your Family and all that spawns from its foul womb. The Land itself rejects your bones. You will become nothing more than a tale of folly while your wraith never rests.

This Doom I pronounce,

By Dwilight, The Bloodstars and Luria,
Through Night and Blood to Light,

Apollo Hyacinthus Lacedaemon
Knight of Unterstrom
Priest of Ecclesial Sanguiastroism

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 20, 2016, 02:16:27 PM »
Meanwhile in Dwilight:

*snip*

Please do not post personal messages on here, unless they are specifically roleplays, then they are to go in the roleplay section of the forum.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: September 04, 2016, 01:07:27 AM »
Very interested in ESA.... currently in Swordfell... anyone know what temples are near me?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Zakilevo

« Reply #19: September 04, 2016, 01:11:11 AM »
Very interested in ESA.... currently in Swordfell... anyone know what temples are near me?

There is one in Freke, Astrum.

Victor C

• Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: September 04, 2016, 01:14:10 AM »

There's also one in Caiyun
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: September 04, 2016, 07:34:23 PM »
Sounds like maybe Swordfell isn't the best realm to play in ESA, then?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: September 05, 2016, 12:31:14 AM »
Well, SA has destroyed temples in Swordfell and has not rebuilt them as agreed-upon.

Attano

• Noble Lord
  • Diplomacy! Violence! Pasta!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: September 05, 2016, 12:59:29 AM »
Well, SA has destroyed temples in Swordfell and has not rebuilt them as agreed-upon.
Shhhhhh! We can't let everyone know!
Once the Daleborn family, now the Attano family.