Author Topic: The Far East - where we go from here.  (Read 14097 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
The Far East - where we go from here.
« Topic Start: October 21, 2014, 01:06:06 PM »
With the takeover of Taop, the Empire has won this war and now rules the continent. So, where to from here?

What will be happening is that, after a short period of island-wide federation, all realms will lower their diplomatic relations to Neutral. The terms of the Empire treaty prohibiting war between Empire realms without permission will be suspended and all realms will be free to form alliances and declare war as they wish. And we will see what happens. With luck, we will see new alliances and factions form in our continent.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Far East - where we go from here.
« Reply #1: October 21, 2014, 01:19:43 PM »
I was fearing that this was more or less the end of the Far East. Such an achievement, by Arcaea, is hardly trumped but ultimately federating the entire island would be completely destructive for the FEI. Might as well entirely freeze it over then.

So it is great news to read here that you plan to "reset" the gamestate of the island through diplomacy. That should be fun.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 21, 2014, 02:19:48 PM »
So many realms have so few nobles... The militia:mobile forces and region:noble ratios seem absurd.

Unfortunately, that's also true for most continents.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 21, 2014, 02:47:53 PM »
The Far East had better do something quick, or it will implode. Conquering the island was definitely an achievement. I hope it doesn't kill it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 21, 2014, 03:05:37 PM »
The Far East had better do something quick, or it will implode. Conquering the island was definitely an achievement. I hope it doesn't kill it.

If Arcaea breaks the federation itself, and doesn't seek to impose peace on anyone, I wouldn't blame them for anything that follows. Seems like there are plenty of old grudges still around, and plenty of other people content with peace that would better deserve the blame.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 21, 2014, 03:07:09 PM »
Well, just between you, me, and the bulkhead, Zonasa would be quite happy to create some interesting happenings, but it's got about 5 rogue regions to take and quite a bit of population to recover before it's likely to be particularly competitive :-\
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 21, 2014, 07:27:23 PM »
If Arcaea breaks the federation itself, and doesn't seek to impose peace on anyone, I wouldn't blame them for anything that follows. Seems like there are plenty of old grudges still around, and plenty of other people content with peace that would better deserve the blame.
There are definitely some plans for what will happen once the diplomatic restrictions get lifted. Whether or not that can rejuvenate the island and attract people back remains to be seen. I have my doubts. There may not be enough nobles left..

Note that I am not "blaming" Arcaea for what has happened. Just making an observation that the Far East is a ghost town. 69 regions for 97 nobles. If every region had a lord, then there would be barely enough nobles for each city/stronghold/townsland to have one knight each, with practically nothing left over for the other regions.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 22, 2014, 01:50:09 AM »
There are definitely some plans for what will happen once the diplomatic restrictions get lifted. Whether or not that can rejuvenate the island and attract people back remains to be seen. I have my doubts. There may not be enough nobles left..

Note that I am not "blaming" Arcaea for what has happened. Just making an observation that the Far East is a ghost town. 69 regions for 97 nobles. If every region had a lord, then there would be barely enough nobles for each city/stronghold/townsland to have one knight each, with practically nothing left over for the other regions.

Pretty much the same situation as Beluaterra.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 13, 2014, 06:43:11 PM »

*yyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwn*

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 13, 2014, 06:48:09 PM »
      6 realms
     69 regions
    101 nobles
+     0 wars
---------------
lots o' boredom

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 13, 2014, 08:12:05 PM »
Go to BT!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: November 13, 2014, 10:52:35 PM »
Already there.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: November 13, 2014, 11:26:31 PM »
Well Emperor Velax might auto-pause tomorrow - if he does then I imagine the peace will swiftly come to an end as the realms of the empire fight it out to provide the next emperor.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: November 13, 2014, 11:40:40 PM »
Well Emperor Velax might auto-pause tomorrow - if he does then I imagine the peace will swiftly come to an end as the realms of the empire fight it out to provide the next emperor.

I fail to share your optimism. My bet's on Arcaea electing some silent type who has been there forever, and everyone else will just go along with it.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: November 13, 2014, 11:57:16 PM »
Oh trust me, with me in Arcaea I promise I'll stir the pot as much as I can to make sure that the peace can't possibly last no matter who wins.