Author Topic: Too much peace too much for Dwilight  (Read 70988 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Too much peace too much for Dwilight
« Topic Start: June 03, 2011, 02:27:54 PM »
I think hitting to soldiers training is too harsh atm. And it should not go under what your unit had when they were recruited.

Actually, it's impossible for the game to tell this.

Even when Darka is at war, but sure we had long refit times... so TMP will kick in... it REALLY hits to training atm.

It will make RC´s which have good training almost useless. Better recruit already sucky cheap units.

I hope it would be tweaked a bit less harsh when it effects training, rather hit morale?

Hitting morale would give you even bigger problems on long marches, trust me. 

Frankly, Tom has been trying for years to make it hard for people to run long-distance wars.  If this is what it takes to get people to fight closer to home, rather than insisting that they ought to be able to fight on the other side of the continent, because that's what we did in 2002 and that was the Golden Age, then so be it.

Finally, once this hits stable, I think you should actually watch the effects before you declare that everything is doom and there's no hope for the game anymore.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan