Author Topic: Sages vanish?  (Read 2116 times)

Jeckyl

• Knight
    • View Profile
Sages vanish?
« Topic Start: October 02, 2011, 07:58:13 AM »
So I found a sage in Chesland, Dwilight a few days ago. I can't remember his name unfortunately, but he was the Wibbly One. Due to fatigue, I could not interact with him right away. By the time I had rested, he had moved on to another region. And so I systematically went to the surrounding regions looking for him. He was seen passing through Chesney, but not Larur or Odona. This leaves Gretchew as where he must have gone to from Chesland (in theory). Well, I just passed through Chesland again so I could travel to Gretchew, and saw the same message that he passed through. And well, I arrived in Gretchew just now, and he is no where in sight.

Can anyone tell me if Sages really do just vanish?

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sages vanish?
« Reply #1: October 02, 2011, 08:01:20 AM »
I believe it's been said that when they are in transit between regions, they aren't visible in either. Perhaps they jump over regions, or move through some regions more quickly than others?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: October 02, 2011, 09:12:11 AM »
If you get the message that he was seen in the region, it means he was there, not that he is going to be there in the future.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 02, 2011, 10:23:41 AM »
I believe it's been said that when they are in transit between regions, they aren't visible in either. Perhaps they jump over regions, or move through some regions more quickly than others?

They don't skip past regions, but they do tend to spend a fair bit of time travelling between regions. Tom has confirmed this in several earlier threads.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.