Author Topic: Too much peace too much for Dwilight  (Read 70958 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Too much peace too much for Dwilight
« Reply #45: June 06, 2011, 06:24:34 AM »
If D'Hara should pass on, then a great many others should as well. D'Hara isn't shrinking, it's just stagnation that looms for as long as we don't get fresh blood (as all of the next regions to acquire are net food producers that will greatly help out).

I can agree with that, many realms have survived past their use by date and continue only because an old core remember the golden age. D'Hara could always abandon the isle territories and expand onto the main land.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: June 06, 2011, 10:15:01 AM »
And that flow will stop if the Lurians ever finds the need to crush Fissoa under their boot heels :)

Hah, they've tried that before. The monsters we face now are more of a problem than Luria ever was :)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: June 06, 2011, 03:56:00 PM »
I seem to recall them running around your lands unopposed not so long ago, making it to just before Fissoa Fields. And they weren't even trying very hard then :P

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: June 06, 2011, 04:55:52 PM »
I seem to recall them running around your lands unopposed not so long ago, making it to just before Fissoa Fields. And they weren't even trying very hard then :P

They can run around all they want :) At least we got to scare off Alanna :P ("early refit")

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: June 06, 2011, 05:37:31 PM »
That had little to do with you scaring anyone off, and more with the plot against her by the Lurian Dukes and yours truly ;)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: June 07, 2011, 12:04:32 AM »
I can agree with that, many realms have survived past their use by date and continue only because an old core remember the golden age. D'Hara could always abandon the isle territories and expand onto the main land.

That's all colonized. Besides, Paisly is making me filthy rich (though I'm still re-investing almost all of it), and if the other dukes bothered to put enough efforts on fetching food themselves, they'd be as well. And the advantage of the sea routes remains as compelling as ever, if not more so.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: June 08, 2011, 05:48:57 PM »
That had little to do with you scaring anyone off, and more with the plot against her by the Lurian Dukes and yours truly ;)

Yup.

If not for Sacha and the Ducal Revolution, Fissoa would already be under Lurian Subjugation :D
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Laurens88

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: June 08, 2011, 09:14:17 PM »
Yup.

If not for Sacha and the Ducal Revolution, Fissoa would already be under Lurian Subjugation :D

yeah and stupid Fissoas still blame Leon for coöperating with Allana....if they only knew

But heck there was to much peace, Madina decides to reclaim a city we held for a long time and was taken by a dammed group of guys from Libero Empire from the inside. We attack and all the surrounding realms go "stop the war, peace!."   ....."Damm liberal hippies"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: June 09, 2011, 04:20:02 AM »
yeah and stupid Fissoas still blame Leon for coöperating with Allana....if they only knew

But heck there was to much peace, Madina decides to reclaim a city we held for a long time and was taken by a dammed group of guys from Libero Empire from the inside. We attack and all the surrounding realms go "stop the war, peace!."   ....."Damm liberal hippies"

To say so is to severely underestimate the stakes for those realms. Self-interest prevailed where Mendicant's diplomatic skills failed.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: June 09, 2011, 11:28:08 AM »
To say so is to severely underestimate the stakes for those realms. Self-interest prevailed where Mendicant's diplomatic skills failed.

It's almost tempting to help Madina so they can continue the war :P

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: June 09, 2011, 11:31:37 AM »
Hah, they've tried that before. The monsters we face now are more of a problem than Luria ever was :)

You realise that at that time only Askileon was producing a decent amount, while the other cities were still building up? And that Askileon also paid for the two other armies defending our southern and northern border? Even with that strength diversion we managed to pretty much walk around your regions without problems......

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: June 09, 2011, 01:01:00 PM »
It's almost tempting to help Madina so they can continue the war :P

Mind you, there *also* is the discourse of "We are more civilized than the blood thirsty northerners and can handle this conflict diplomatically". :P

Laurens88

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: June 09, 2011, 06:02:26 PM »
Mind you, there *also* is the discourse of "We are more civilized than the blood thirsty northerners and can handle this conflict diplomatically". :P

Yes we could, if mendicant and his loonies relinquish their claims in Candiels and Candiels fields. Damm city stealers would be getting away nicely then

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: June 10, 2011, 12:48:05 AM »
Yes we could, if mendicant and his loonies relinquish their claims in Candiels and Candiels fields. Damm city stealers would be getting away nicely then

Since out of D'Hara, Caerwyn, Barca, Terran, Aurvandil, Madina, and Grand Duchy of Fissoa, that solution only appears to please Madina, I doubt it'll happen. Considering how poorly Madina is doing by living peacefully, I can't imagine how long it would survive the ire of the others.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: June 10, 2011, 06:13:23 AM »
Since out of D'Hara, Caerwyn, Barca, Terran, Aurvandil, Madina, and Grand Duchy of Fissoa, that solution only appears to please Madina, I doubt it'll happen. Considering how poorly Madina is doing by living peacefully, I can't imagine how long it would survive the ire of the others.

They won't, unless... There is a power bloc out there that isn't among the realms named. Just saying.  ;D