Author Topic: Too much peace too much for Dwilight  (Read 70951 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Too much peace too much for Dwilight
« Reply #75: June 11, 2011, 05:32:47 AM »
Madina's downfall? The question was about protecting Madina if they destroy Aurvandil, as "on their own", without the help of "another power bloc", they would not be able to resist the wrath of the southern coalition. If they break the truce and attack Aurvandil, though, I guess you are free to join in the party in Madina.

It is conceivable that Lurian would use the conflict to re-engage Fissoa.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: June 11, 2011, 05:53:42 AM »
Pfft... It's barely even a challenge when their armies are home. What fun would it be to wail on them when they're off in Madina?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: June 11, 2011, 06:38:48 AM »

It is conceivable that Lurian would use the conflict to re-engage Fissoa.

They can do that any day. The Fissoans aren't required for action against Madina, though they are just awfully convenient to have on our side. There's no reason for this issue to have any relevance to any potential new conflict between the Grand Duchy and PeL. And I can't see how they could bring failed mediation attempts up as a causus belli...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: June 16, 2011, 02:12:08 AM »
Why would we go to war with realms that sell us food? That's obviously bad for business.

We do fight Monsters occasionally, but now I'm seeing lulls where Monsters do not spawn anywhere near us for weeks. Did the rogue spawning code get a tweak lately?
------
qui audet vincit

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: June 16, 2011, 04:25:05 AM »
Why would we go to war with realms that sell us food? That's obviously bad for business.

We do fight Monsters occasionally, but now I'm seeing lulls where Monsters do not spawn anywhere near us for weeks. Did the rogue spawning code get a tweak lately?

Nope, no tweaks.

You're in D'Hara?  Your eastern border is a set of single regions in a corridor, which means that monsters are less likely to get in that way.  Your western border is in the southwest, which is becoming much less monster-ified due to the expansion of civilization in that area.

If Aurvandil falls, expect to see more again.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Laurens88

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: June 16, 2011, 05:18:38 PM »
If Aurvandil falls, expect to see more again.

Aurvandil won't fall, we are just taking our business back ^_^

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: June 16, 2011, 05:35:52 PM »

Actually, i do not think anyone has to do anything at all to cause them to fall.
They have been struggling before the secession and even more after.
I find it a miracle if they would still have a mobile army to keep defeating the rogues.

Madina didn't even do much considerable damage apart from two friendly takeover attempts in Candiels which was already on 0 stats when we arived, thats why we did arive in the first place :P
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: June 17, 2011, 12:17:14 AM »

Your ruler isn't really bothering with the peace talks anymore, nor has Florence testified as requested, nor any other Aurvandil nobles for that matter. Don't overestimate how much D'Hara and the others care about you, if you won't bother helping yourselves.

The way I see it, Aurvandil's lands have been contentiously mismanaged for some time now, due to poor leadership. The western realms don't want your realms to turn rogue and spawn tons of rogues, but you are looking more and more like a liability more than anything else, and the endless calls for food and gold and military aid is what seems to be ahead of us.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: June 17, 2011, 01:25:06 PM »
If Madina keeps the door shut, Aurvandil will eventually succumb under rogue pressure, I think.

Fissoa wouldn't mind better relations with PeL :)

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: June 17, 2011, 01:57:32 PM »
If Madina keeps the door shut, Aurvandil will eventually succumb under rogue pressure, I think.

PeL or LN or both? :p

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: June 17, 2011, 02:06:54 PM »
Your ruler isn't really bothering with the peace talks anymore, nor has Florence testified as requested, nor any other Aurvandil nobles for that matter. Don't overestimate how much D'Hara and the others care about you, if you won't bother helping yourselves.

The way I see it, Aurvandil's lands have been contentiously mismanaged for some time now, due to poor leadership. The western realms don't want your realms to turn rogue and spawn tons of rogues, but you are looking more and more like a liability more than anything else, and the endless calls for food and gold and military aid is what seems to be ahead of us.

The poor guy just moved into his new home, perhaps hes just a little inactive.

And no i don't think Madina would need any gold, food or military aid...
I don't understand why we would?
When Madina City revolted and almost half of the realm seceded at the same time we could have used some military support against the massive 10 k rogue forces amassing in single regions.
Madina used to aid Fissoa in a similar way.
But we don't have massive control issues, we where just betrayed and where slowly but steadily restoring from that.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 02:12:43 PM by Nosferatus »
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: June 17, 2011, 02:15:25 PM »

Then I hope you're willing to give up your claims on Maf and Irvington...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

egamma

« Reply #87: June 17, 2011, 02:41:31 PM »
The poor guy just moved into his new home, perhaps hes just a little inactive.

And no i don't think Madina would need any gold, food or military aid...
I don't understand why we would?
When Madina City revolted and almost half of the realm seceded at the same time we could have used some military support against the massive 10 k rogue forces amassing in single regions.
Madina used to aid Fissoa in a similar way.
But we don't have massive control issues, we where just betrayed and where slowly but steadily restoring from that.

I believe he was saying that Aurvandil needs millitary aid, not Madina.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: June 17, 2011, 03:44:48 PM »
Then I hope you're willing to give up your claims on Maf and Irvington...

They are still claiming it ;) This will get interesting ;P

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: June 17, 2011, 06:06:38 PM »

I suggest getting rid of your ruler then :p