Author Topic: Rebellions  (Read 3946 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Rebellions
« Topic Start: November 28, 2014, 07:36:34 PM »
A little refresher on rebellion mechanics would be much appreciated. Ruler+judge BBF combo decided to start banning everyone...

I know that:
One needs 14 days in realm to join the underground
Banned nobles who weren't part of the underground cannot join the underground

I want to know:
Do banned nobles who were part of the underground remain there?
Are banned nobles able to join an ongoing rebellion if someone else starts it?
What happens to ongoing bans if a rebellion is declared?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Rebellions
« Reply #1: November 28, 2014, 07:42:22 PM »
Also, how long must a noble have been in the realm to join a rebellion once it has been declared?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 28, 2014, 08:54:59 PM »
Good questions. I think only Anaris could answer those, and I think he's away for the holidays. Probably takes a dive into the code. De-Legro might be able to look it up.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 28, 2014, 09:26:17 PM »
Good questions. I think only Anaris could answer those, and I think he's away for the holidays. Probably takes a dive into the code. De-Legro might be able to look it up.

With 4 nobles banned and most nobles too new to join the underground, the code sure ain't making things easy. :/

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 29, 2014, 12:09:34 AM »
How long must a noble have been in the realm to launch a rebellion himself?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 29, 2014, 02:05:11 PM »
Well, king was protested out... now he gets to keep royal status and can't be disposed of. Urgh.

So... election started. I ran and voted for myself. What happens, though, when the ban kicks in next turn? Votes for me are nulled? Or can I be elected back into the realm?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 29, 2014, 02:06:01 PM »
Judge was protested out too.

Will someone tell me why protesting a judge out doesn't cancel pending bans? Gotta wait for a ruler to be elected, and then for a judge to be chosen, for the bans to be lifted...

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 29, 2014, 03:58:54 PM »
Well, king was protested out... now he gets to keep royal status and can't be disposed of. Urgh.

So... election started. I ran and voted for myself. What happens, though, when the ban kicks in next turn? Votes for me are nulled? Or can I be elected back into the realm?

Well considering they had to fix the bug where if you entered an election and than left the realm you could be elected to that position in the realm, purely because of an incident involving me when Entai seceded from Morek Empire... I believe the answer to that would be no.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 30, 2014, 11:04:16 PM »
  • Do banned nobles who were part of the underground remain there?
    I can find nothing that removes banned members from the underground in the turn scripts
  • Are banned nobles able to join an ongoing rebellion if someone else starts it?
    Yes they can, there is a specific case in the code to handle them
  • What happens to ongoing bans if a rebellion is declared?
    I'm not 100% sure here, but from what I know the field that monitors your "rebel" status is the same as the one that monitors you "banned" status. Joining a open rebellion should overwrite your ban status, stopping the turn scripts from detecting your ban.
  • how long must a noble have been in the realm to join a rebellion once it has been declared?
    7 days
  • How long must a noble have been in the realm to launch a rebellion himself?
    30 Days
Other fun facts. Exiled Nobles can not join the underground. Nobles awaiting a ban can join, but only in the case of there being 5 nobles with a ban waiting to be spoken. In this case they are supposed to still be banned according to code comments, but I am not sure that functions correctly.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 30, 2014, 11:27:47 PM »
  • Do banned nobles who were part of the underground remain there?
    I can find nothing that removes banned members from the underground in the turn scripts
  • Are banned nobles able to join an ongoing rebellion if someone else starts it?
    Yes they can, there is a specific case in the code to handle them
  • What happens to ongoing bans if a rebellion is declared?
    I'm not 100% sure here, but from what I know the field that monitors your "rebel" status is the same as the one that monitors you "banned" status. Joining a open rebellion should overwrite your ban status, stopping the turn scripts from detecting your ban.
  • how long must a noble have been in the realm to join a rebellion once it has been declared?
    7 days
  • How long must a noble have been in the realm to launch a rebellion himself?
    30 Days
Other fun facts. Exiled Nobles can not join the underground. Nobles awaiting a ban can join, but only in the case of there being 5 nobles with a ban waiting to be spoken. In this case they are supposed to still be banned according to code comments, but I am not sure that functions correctly.

Wait, what? 5 banned nobles and they can join the underground when they otherwise couldn't? We were one noble short...? (4 bans)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 30, 2014, 11:46:37 PM »
Wait, what? 5 banned nobles and they can join the underground when they otherwise couldn't? We were one noble short...? (4 bans)

Yes, I am guessing it is to protect from abuse with a Judge banning everyone they can that they suspect of supporting rebellion. There were no notes in the code as to the desired effect.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.