Author Topic: Titan decision enforcement: what's acceptable?  (Read 15810 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Titan decision enforcement: what's acceptable?
« Topic Start: November 19, 2014, 07:02:20 PM »
The first of which is: is leaving the positions vacant for 30 days, to then reclaim them for himself, in line with the spirit of the judgement? If he does this, which he explicitly stated he would, he basically loses nothing. He's still the ruler, so he has full power over who gets to be dukes, so in 30 days he'll be duke of the largest duchy and lord of the richest region once again.
Theoretically, this one is simple:
The devs have always said during the many occasions that temporary positions have come up over the past several months, that the way to avoid temporary lordships is to leave the position vacant until the desired candidate is available for appointment. IIRC from the judgment that we saw IG, there is no restriction that says the guy can't wait and reappoint himself.

OOC, I think it's pretty cheap. The way his IG message reads is pretty IC offensive. The character is going to get a lot of flak IC over this decision. IMO, IG enforcement by the other characters in the realm is the way to handle this.

The second of which: would giving his second character, currently margrave of the capital, either of these titles be in line with the judgement? Titans regulate player behavior, yet the punishment are often targeted against characters more than players. If the player can simply transfer the lost titles to his second character, then he wouldn't have lost anything at all. Indeed, it's be pretty akin to the title shuffling he got punished for to begin with.
That's ... a more difficult question.  This reminds me of the Atanamir/Perdan harassment case, where the player's ruler character was stripped of positions for 30/90 days, or something. But he had a second character in the realm. With the concentration of other positions of power between those characters (Duke/Margrave/etc.), many people felt that the loss of the one position associated with the abusive behavior simply wasn't adequate. That was a Magistrates case. I was never a Magistrate, and I don't really remember many of the exact details.

Perhaps this is a loophole in the system that needs addressed? If a player has two characters in the realm, should the position lockout be extended to include the entire family in that realm?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.