Author Topic: Titan decision enforcement: what's acceptable?  (Read 15627 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Titan decision enforcement: what's acceptable?
« Topic Start: November 19, 2014, 08:23:21 PM »
What? Switching lordships frequently is against the rules?

Appointing people to positions (other than Marshal/VM/Steward) without the intention of them being the permanent holders of those positions is against the rules. If you take a monthly or quarterly elected position, and only intend to hold it for a term or two, that's fine—there's no requirement to run for election every time the regular elections are called. But you should not run for an elected or appointed position if you just plan to step down shortly.

Lordships, Dukeships, and government positions are not just jobs that people do, to be assigned and removed at a whim.

Basically, if you ever find yourself thinking, "Well, the real Lord of X isn't back yet, but I'll just appoint this guy until he returns," or, "I'll run for General, but only until our real General gets back," or something along those lines, you should think again. Once someone is Lord, Duke, or a government member, they are the rightful holder of that position. Not a regent, not a placeholder, not a temporary one—the rightful position holder.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan