Author Topic: Titan decision enforcement: what's acceptable?  (Read 15850 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Titan decision enforcement: what's acceptable?
« Topic Start: November 21, 2014, 01:40:00 AM »
So, when a character sees an election starting, and thinks "hey, it would be better for me if I could run this region", at which point exactly should he not run because it hurts the world setting?
We're not talking about someone who gets elected as lord of a badlands, and the next day enters his name in the election that just started for lordship of a city. What we're talking about is: "I switch lordship everyday."

If you don't intend to actually *be* the lord of the region, then you shouldn't run in the election. If you're intention is to get to the Command tab and sell the food, then be elected lord of another region in the next day or two, then chances are you're doing something wrong.

The situation being described here is one where someone is entering into an election for a lordship knowing that he will only have it for a day or two, and fully intending to leave it for another. And then continually doing it in a big circle of unwanted/unlorded regions. I don't see any situation where this is appropriate, or any possible argument that could be made to justify it. It may not specifically be called out in a placeholder rule, but that's because these rules were written when the game was in such a state that the situation being described is simply unimaginable.

It is also completely unnecessary in order to accomplish the stated objective of managing food.

However it's not one, and it's not right to tell people they're abusing the system when they simply click the buttons that the games gives them.
"The game let me click the button" is never an excuse for abusing game mechanics. The game lets you do quite a few things which, if done for certain reasons, could be completely against the rules. That's why we have rules. Because game mechanics cannot cover every situation.

To address that point, there is an honour drop to leave the Lordship of a region, so that is taken into account game-mechanically
Honor loss does not apply when you lose the region due to being elected to a new region. It should. That would stop such blatant abuses.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.