Author Topic: Titan decision enforcement: what's acceptable?  (Read 15610 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Titan decision enforcement: what's acceptable?
« Topic Start: November 21, 2014, 05:19:32 AM »
So, when a character sees an election starting, and thinks "hey, it would be better for me if I could run this region", at which point exactly should he not run because it hurts the world setting? Is the counter reset every time a region goes rogue?

Basically, you're saying a character should not have the right to run in an election if he won a previous election a short time prior. Which, on the face of it, would be a justifiable rule of the game, if it were a rule of the game. However it's not one, and it's not right to tell people they're abusing the system when they simply click the buttons that the games gives them.

To address that point, there is an honour drop to leave the Lordship of a region, so that is taken into account game-mechanically, and it is also taken into account in RP in that a character who has had Lordship to multiple regions cannot claim a long history of leading one particular region.

You are attempting to extrapolate to a general sense a comment and judgement made regarding a specific case.

I wasn't concerned about the placeholder issue. I was thinking about what I'm doing in Riombara where I switch lordship everyday. It might be considered "switching titles around and using temporary lordships" but NOT placeholding.

This is not a Lord using the existing election system to advance their "position" by taking up a more prestigious Lordship. It is a specific case of someone taking advantage of the churn of elections due to low noble population with the simple intent of accessing the command tab. Then again SOMEONE is voting him into the new positions, or Riombara has become so apathetic that his own votes are all he requires.

There is a massive difference to my statement about someone jumping CONSTANTLY between regions, and someone that recently came into a Lordship ceasing an opportunity to advance. I can't see how a single occurrence of region swapping could be construed as constantly. Besides as Indirik has mentioned, a major difference is at the time they ran in the election, the character (and players) intent was to be the Lord properly. Future events changed that, but they never entered into the election thinking, in a day or so I will be able to move, again.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.