Author Topic: Titan decision enforcement: what's acceptable?  (Read 15854 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Titan decision enforcement: what's acceptable?
« Reply #15: November 21, 2014, 02:42:25 PM »
How long should he have to wait before it's ok to run in another election? And if there's a time limit, then why is it not made explicit?
There is no specific time limit. It cannot be encoded into mechanics due to the complexity of the game, and the varying nature of why people do things.

Time is not the issue. It's the intent. If you are taking a lordship with the intent of holding it a few days and then moving on, and doing that repeatedly, then what you are doing is self-evidently wrong. There is no possible way to justify what you are doing in any IC/IG context.

The concern brought up here is not one of a lord who just got a region moving on to a better one. It is a case of one noble (Or perhaps a few? I don't play in Rio.) intentionally running round-robin through lordships, repeatedly, with absolutely no intention of holding any of them more than a day or two. Hell, even intentionally holding them for one week and then moving on, repeatedly is in no way acceptable. As I said earlier, there is no mechanic/rule implemented to handle this because at the time these rules/mechanics were written, such a situation would have been unimaginable. The only thing that makes it possible is realms having ridiculous amounts more regions than they could possibly support. It should not be possible, long-term, for a realm to maintain more regions than they have nobles. Having 20 nobles and 29 regions is simply ridiculous, and only possible due to the severely depopulated nature of BT.

I agree with that and/or Scarborn's suggestions. It's always better to align the game mechanics with your actual objective in running the game.
Anaris has already stated in another thread that this is something that needs fixed/implemented.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.