Author Topic: Luria Nova vs the rest (bis)  (Read 26834 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Luria Nova vs the rest (bis)
« Reply #45: December 01, 2014, 02:41:23 PM »
B) have collapsed in player population to the point where they have more regions than players
Regardless of the other claims, of which I really don't have much to comment, this isn't true.

Only two realms on Dwilight have more regions than nobles: Astrum and Morek. Fissoa has 1.4 nobles per region, and D'Hara is among the highest in the game at 2.6. Even Swordfell has 1.44.

Both Fissoa and D'Hara have lost regions, but so has Luria.

One thing I always wondered, is why those displaced nobles from Barca/Asylon, etc. haven't teamed up with Morek to colonize Poryatown. Morek took the city without even breaking a sweat. A quick duchy appoint appointment ans secession, and Luria has a big problem right in their own backyard. And it's not like Morek can't afford to equip a few dozen nobles to the teeth with a few hundred soldiers each, and then hand them each a couple thousand bonds to buy militia.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: December 01, 2014, 02:50:31 PM »
When did Morek take Poryatown? They seem to always just take and get defeated in Poryatu.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: December 01, 2014, 03:36:40 PM »
When did Morek take Poryatown? They seem to always just take and get defeated in Poryatu.

Yesterday only, it was bought.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: December 01, 2014, 03:46:13 PM »
Yesterday only, it was bought.

Really? I don't remember the last time an enemy city was bought, I didn't think it was still possible...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: December 01, 2014, 06:14:32 PM »
Apparently it still is.

A wasted opportunity.  :'(

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: December 01, 2014, 09:08:08 PM »
Regardless of the other claims, of which I really don't have much to comment, this isn't true.

Only two realms on Dwilight have more regions than nobles: Astrum and Morek. Fissoa has 1.4 nobles per region, and D'Hara is among the highest in the game at 2.6. Even Swordfell has 1.44.

Both Fissoa and D'Hara have lost regions, but so has Luria.

One thing I always wondered, is why those displaced nobles from Barca/Asylon, etc. haven't teamed up with Morek to colonize Poryatown. Morek took the city without even breaking a sweat. A quick duchy appoint appointment ans secession, and Luria has a big problem right in their own backyard. And it's not like Morek can't afford to equip a few dozen nobles to the teeth with a few hundred soldiers each, and then hand them each a couple thousand bonds to buy militia.

I wasn't saying that every realm was suffering that specific problem. Please, reread my comment. I clearly prefaced the list of issues with "either", meaning that the the realms in question applied to one of the points. There was also one point that applied to realms that had multiple issues.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: December 01, 2014, 10:34:31 PM »
Barca was busy with all of Luria between us and Poraytown and then being beaten up by Luria. If we'd known you could still buy duchies maybe we should have bought Sun Hall. Barca also had closesr ties to D'Hara and Fissoa than it did Morek. I doubt moving to Poraytown would have changed much, although that would have been neat.

I tried asking Ambassador Seoras that if he really was so upset about us being in Sun Hall we'd take Poraytown instead and happily make peace, but he had no useful reply to that.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:48:52 PM by Ossan »
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: December 01, 2014, 10:52:33 PM »
If we'd known you could still buy duchies maybe we should have bought Sun Hall.

You don't buy duchies, only cities.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: December 01, 2014, 11:06:40 PM »
Shinnen then.

I still fondly remember the realm of "I Can't Believe its Not Butter!" in Atamara.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: December 01, 2014, 11:47:02 PM »
I tried asking Ambassador Seoras that if he really was so upset about us being in Sun Hall we'd take Poraytown instead and happily make peace, but he had no useful reply to that.

I'm confused... outside of Luria there's nowhere else you can go and found a realm? There's no huge swathes of empty lands say 2,000 miles to the North?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: December 02, 2014, 01:21:39 AM »
Nope. It's all full. ;)

Ossan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: December 03, 2014, 11:10:51 PM »
I'm confused... outside of Luria there's nowhere else you can go and found a realm? There's no huge swathes of empty lands say 2,000 miles to the North?
Right, because it would have been so easy for Barca to fund a large enough army to march north through Luria and Swordfell into Morek when Luria could easily send a larger army to stop us or just invade Aveston while we are gone (of course I am sure if we asked nicely Luria would agree to help, because they have proven to be the friendliest and most trustful nation ever). Not too mention how easy it would be to find an IC reason for Barca to break its alliance with Morek and march far away from its two closest allies. Great plan, can't believe it never occurred to anyone before now.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: December 04, 2014, 02:05:27 AM »
Right, because it would have been so easy for Barca to fund a large enough army to march north through Luria and Swordfell into Morek when Luria could easily send a larger army to stop us or just invade Aveston while we are gone (of course I am sure if we asked nicely Luria would agree to help, because they have proven to be the friendliest and most trustful nation ever). Not too mention how easy it would be to find an IC reason for Barca to break its alliance with Morek and march far away from its two closest allies. Great plan, can't believe it never occurred to anyone before now.

You can travel by sea. Best to colonize Morek now before you are competing with the multiple other colonies trying to get up there.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: December 04, 2014, 05:22:20 AM »
You can travel by sea. Best to colonize Morek now before you are competing with the multiple other colonies trying to get up there.

Did you ignore the allies bit?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: December 04, 2014, 07:08:34 AM »
And apparently missed the "Barca was destroyed by Luria" part too :p
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:13:50 AM by Ossan »
Taselak is Best-elak.