Author Topic: RPs of Hadron, Og, and Urtagoth from Morek Empire  (Read 14757 times)

Zakilevo

Roleplay from Urtagoth Lapallanch
Message sent to everyone in your realm (28 recipients)
"Sir, we are near Muspelheim."

"Yes, Bon. I am not blind. I can see the damn city before me. No need to state where we are when we are on a road that leads to only one place!"

"Just in case you were wondering which city-"

"If you haven't noticed Bon, I have been on this road for the fourth time!"

"Alright then, Sir. No need to get upset."

"You are the one maki-"

"Oh look, Sir!"

"Damn it Bon! Look at me when I talk-"

While yelling at Bon, Urtagoth turned his head toward the direction where he was pointing. There it was. The fairest lady Urtagoth has ever seen. His head slowly followed the carriage the lady was in.
When he decided to stop the carriage, someone shoved something into his mouth.

"How dare you put this filthy- what on earth is this?"

"Your gloves Sir, and Stop drooling. You have Duke Kenshin to meet."

"That is not important! I must chase after the carriage!"

"Boys! Grab him!"

Before Urtagoth could react, his men surrounded and tied him to his horse.

"To Muspelheim!"

"CURSE YOU BON! STARS! IF YOU ARE WATCHING STRIKE THIS UNGRATEFUL FOOL DOWN NOW!"

"Put the gloves back in his mouth."

Zakilevo

Message sent to everyone in your realm (29 recipients)
After a brief meeting with Duke Kenshin, Urtagoth departed Muspelheim for Linhai, his soon to be new home.

"Bon, I heard a funny rumor about our duchy's name."

"Oh, I am guessing you are talking about the rumor from Nifelhold?"

"Yes. I heard minor nobles call our duchy something related to some fruit from the southern lands."

"It is called 'banana'. Sir."

"Babana-"

"No, Sir. One 'ba' and two 'na's Sir."

"Banana?"

"That is correct, Sir."

"I've never seen a such fruit. What exactly is it?"

"I've only heard rumors about it as well, Sir. It is unimaginably expensive. You have to give gold twice its weight I heard."

"What?! No fruit should worth that much!"

"It is that hard to get them to the empire, Sir. Also it is probably even more expensive since it is almost impossible to get them here thanks to the war."

"Hmm. Since I will be living in Linhai, maybe I can get some from Donghaiwei."

"You probably can, Sir. I heard bananas are only sold there within the empire. Not even Grandmistress herself can get them anywhere else."

"What does it look like?"

"I heard some strange stuff about its shape but nothing good. It apparently resembles something between your trouser. Sir."

"That is ridiculous! Who would eat such thing!"

"It is rumored to be very delicious. Very few things are as sweet as banana."

"If it is indeed that sweet, I must try it. Maybe I can give some to Si- I mean Margrave Hadron."

"Like I said, Sir. You can only get it near the old capital. You can't just send it to people. It would go bad."

"Well, I can tell him to come join me in Donghaiwei! I never said I would actually go to him."

"He might go through Linhai to get to Donghaiwei, Sir. He will be able to compare his land to yours."

"Damn him! Forget about it! I will eat it all myself!"

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Ooc: this should go before the most recent post from Urtagoth.

Roleplay from Hadron Indirik   (3 hours, 13 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (28 recipients)
After arriving in the city of Nifelhold, Hadron once again sent Galbrecht off to see to the horses, get the troops some housing, and see to the repairs. This time Galbrecht did not come back mere minutes later. Hadron was able to enjoy his wine without any unpleasant interruptions.

Later that evening, Hadron sent for Galbrecht.

"So, Galbrecht, have you located Sir Urtagoth yet?"

"No, m'Lord. We've been asking around, but no one has seen him. And, if you don't mind my saying, he's a hard one to miss."

Hadron nodded. "That is true. Well, have the men keep an eye out for him. He was supposed to be here already."

"Of course, m'Lord. The men already know to be on the lookout for him."

"Good. Have you heard any more reports of this crag invasion? Things have been very quiet lately. You'd think that if there was a crag invasion, we'd have heard something by now."

"No, we haven't. Not even any rumours from the stablemen, and they're usually a pretty talkative lot."

"Hmm... that's what I thought. I've been through the reports for the entire Duchy of Starhammer. Not a single report of crags anywhere. Maybe Sir Urtagoth was mistaken, or perhaps they've been vanquished already."

"Perhaps, m'Lord."

"Well, keep your eyes open, Galbrecht. Maybe Sir Urtagoth got lost in the mountains, or something. If he doesn't arrive in another day or two ... Well, we'll see what happens then."
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Roleplay from Hadron Indirik
Message sent to everyone in your realm (30 recipients)
Somewhere in Nifelheim.

"Is he here yet?"

"No."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Somewhere in Nifelheim...

"Is he here yet?"

"NO!"

" ... Well, if he's not here by morning, we're going home."

Galbrecht shook his head. They'd only been in Morek two weeks, and he was already beginning to hate that damn mountain.

Zakilevo

Urtagoth arrived in a small village located somewhere in Bohai. The village only had 100 or so people living in it which made cartographers think too inconspicuous to be on any map.

Bon decided to take one day break due to Urtagoth refusing to ride any longer than 8 hours a day.

"Sir, we should really keep on moving while the sun is up."

"We were moving while the sun was down! We have to take a break at some point! Look at our men. Look at how filthy they look. This is unacceptable!"

"Wouldn't it be better to let our men wash themselves once we arrive at Linhai?"

"No! I can't stand the smell any longer! Tell them to clean themselves. Also, go talk to the head of the village to see if they have a nice place for me to stay."

"Just don't expect much, Sir. After all, this village isn't even on our map and I bought this map for 10 gold. That is a hafty sum of money."

"You what?! Who paids that much for a map?!"

"If you want a quality map, you have to pay enough, Sir."

"Why didn't we just get a cheaper map?!"

"Sir. It was between this map and a map with nothing but a straight line connecting Muspelheim and Linhai."

"May Maddening shine upon the damned! Why can we never find anything useful for cheap?"

"Because there is no such thing as cheap and good, Sir. Now, if you will excuse me, I will go meet the head of the village."

After an hour, Bon returned with a relatively young looking man. He introduced himself as the head of the village.

"Aren't you too young to be leading this village?"

"My father has passed away recently, Sir Knight and people didn't really object to me inheriting the position."

"Althought then. Show me a place to stay and send me a woman or two to serve me while I stay here."

"Sir Knight. Please, no one in this village is good enough to serve you. As you can tell by looking at me, we are just simple farmers."

"I don't care if you send your wife. Just send women to serve me for the night. No more excuses."

"I-"

"Sir Urtagoth has spoken. Now get things prepared for him."

Bon stepped in to stop the head from pleading. Bon knew Urtagoth would not change his mind.

The head led Urtagoth and Bon to his house. His family left the house to stay in another villager's house. His sister was left behind to serve Urtagoth for the night.

Bon had to endure a night of constant moaning. After a sleepless night, Bon entered Urtagoth's room to wake him up.

"Uh, Sir. Why are you alone?"

"Hmmm? What do you mean why am I alone?"

"What was all the moaning last night?"

"I asked the woman to massage me since my muscles felt stiff from the long ride to here. I never thought I would recover in just few hours. I was so satisfied with her service, I gave her 5 gold."

"You what? So the one who was moaning last night was..."

"It was probably me. Why?"

"Nothing, Sir. Just that when you moan, you might not want anyone around you. Because you sounded too much like..."

"Like what?"

"Nothign."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Somewhere in Nifelheim:

"Is..."

"NO!"

"You don't have to yell, Galbrecht, i can hear you. We're not waiting any longer. Get the men onto the road back to Aegirs Deep right away. I will have to consider how to deal with this."

"As you command m'Lord."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Somewhere in Mt. Black Nastrond...

Hadron road along the mountain path. As usual, he was bored with these long rides through the middle of nowhere. Galbrecht had been dreading the inevitable question for at least two or three hours now. Just as he had been starting think that Hadron had been toying with him by NOT asking it, the troop of men came to a halt.

There in front of them, cutting completely across the path, was a palisade. They could clearly see that the path went right up to the palisade, and then disappeared under it.

Hadron looked at the palisade, then at the path, then over to Galbrecht.

"Galbrecht, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there was a palisade here the last time we rode through these mountains."

"No, m'Lord, I think you're correct. This palisade wasn't here a few days ago."

"So someone was inconsiderate enough to build a wall right across our path, and not put a gate on it."

"It seems that way, m'Lord."

"Well, that is most rude of them. Now what do we do?"

Galbrecht was just about to suggest sending a trooper in each direction to look for the gate when a guard appeared at the top of the wall. "You there! Approach and be recognized!"

Hadron's troop of soldiers approached the wall. Galbrecht took the lead. "I am Galbrecht, captain of Hadron's Colliders. And this is Lord Hadron, Margrave of Aegir's Deep. Why have you built this wall across the trail? How are we supposed to get through here?"

"Get through? Well, you don't. What are you doing here, anyway? I mean, don't think I've ever seen cavalry here before. How come you're not on the main road?"

"What ... main road? I thought this *was* the main road!"

The sentry chuckled form atop the wall. "This the main road?! Ha! This is just an old game trail. The main road comes through from the northwest. You must have missed the turn a few miles back. You must have had a hell of a time trying to get those cavalry through these hills. He he he ..."

"Well, which way is it to the gate?" Galbrecht called. "We need to get through."

"Oh, you can't get through this way. The wall runs from a cliff on the north side clear through to a sheer drop in the south. There's no gate here. You'll have to go back down the trail to the main road, and then up the main road to the gate."

Galbrecht closed his eyes and shook his head. "And how far is that?"

The sentry chuckled again. "For me? Well, it's only a couple hundred yards to the gate. For you, on that game trail down to the main road, then back up to the gate? Oh, say.... 8 miles I think."

Hadron's face flushed red. Without a word he turned his horse around and headed back down the game trail. Galbrecht brought the men around behind, and they all headed back down the game trail. As they road away, they could hear the guard calling after them: "I'll walk over and let them know you're coming! He he he... Hey Frank, come 'ere! you're not gonna believe this!"

Galbrecht started swearing under his breath. "I hate this !@#$ing mountain!"

Zakilevo

Message sent to everyone in your realm (31 recipients)
After sunset, Urtagoth and his men finally arrived in Linhai.

"Here we are, Bon. This is the land I will be ruling. Now I can call myself equal to Margrave Hadron!"

"Eh, I wouldn't call you and Lord Hadron equal but you both are lords indeed."

"What do you mean you don't consider Lord Hadron and myself equal?"

"Well, maybe you should visit his land first, my lord. You will understand why I said that."

"I have as many peasants under my rule as Lord Hadron!"

"That is true, Sir. Except your peasants are mostly farmers and his peasants are mostly rich peasants working on something else."

"When we visit, my liege Kenshin again, we will definitely visit Lord Hadron's region. You better be speaking the truth, Bon!"

"Your farmers can become rich as well, Sir. If you know how to trade well. Then again, you are not the best man when it comes down to anything that is written with ink."

"I am born to be a knight, Bon. I know how to swing a weapon not a pen."

"(I highly doubt you can swing your weapon more than once or twice, my lord.)"

"What did you just say?"

"Nothing, my lord. Why don't we head toward your manor?"

"Good idea. We need to settle down to see what my new home is like."

Zakilevo

Message sent to everyone in your realm (32 recipients)
From his manor, Urtagoth looked over his new land. Bon told him of Linhai's history briefly as he did not know much in depth except the fact Linhai was one of original regions colonized by the forefathers of old Morek.

"So, this land was once ruled by Legendary Brance of Astrum?"

"That is what I heard from the locals, my lord."

"I've heard people mention his name every now and then. Who was he exactly?"

"He held many titles until his death, my lord. As you know now, he was once the lord of Linhai. He once was a regent of our holy faith. Under his guidance, our holy faith covered half of Dwilight and Astrum, one of the three pillars of the Blood Stars became the most dominant realm on the western Dwilight. Before you wonder, he was a vasilif of Astrum as well. Your relative, Lord Kihalin served him as a duke."

"Ah, the Shrine. I've heard of him bragging about his recruitment centers during our family gathering. I was too young to attend it but I remember my father's rather annoyed expression after the meeting. It is rather good to see the main house thinning out these days. I believe only one member of the main house is active. Lady Selis was it?"

"Yes, my lord. She is the only active main house member. Once she retires and none of their descendants decide to emerge, you will have to compete with Lord Duregal's branch for the title of family head."

"That old fox. He has way too many sons. Anyway, continue with Lord Brance."

"That is all I know of him, my lord. I believe there are few records of him in your library."

"I will just ask Lord Hadron later if I feel interested. Although I doubt he bothers himself with his old family history."

"My lord, it is a duty of descendants to remember the family history and inherit their ancestors claims and grudges."

"Why bother pass down grudges anyway?"

"Because they come with claims. All claims come from grudges and disputes, my lord. If you wish to maintain your claims, you must offend those who have the same claims as you."

"It seems I better manage this land well so I can impress my liege. I can't just rule this farm land forever."

"That will be up to your lordship's management skill."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Roleplay from Hadron Indirik   (just sent)
Hadron jumped up when he heard the news.

"A tournament? In Swordfell? Galbrecht! Get in here, now!"

Galbrecht came running in, sword half drawn, looking around wildly.

"What is it m'Lord? Where are the intruders?"

"Intruders? What intruders?"

"The ones you were yelling about."

".... Are you feeling alright today Galbrecht? Have you been working too hard?"

"I... um... no m'Lord." Galbrecht let his sword slide quiet;y back into its sheath. "What can I do for you, m'Lord?"

"There's a tournament being held in Swordfell in 6 days. I want you to get everything ready for my departure. I mean to be on the road before sunrise."

Galbrecht's face lit up in excitement. "A tournament m'Lord? I've never been to a tournament before. The men will be thrilled to see a real tournament."

Hadron looked at Galbrecht like the man had just said the sky was green. "The men? They're not going to the tournament."

Galbrecht stopped and blinked in confusion. "But m'Lord, you said we were going to the tournament..."

"No, Galbrecht, I said I was going to the tournament. You and the men are staying here. I can't show up at my first tournament with a gaggle of soldiers in tow. By the gods, what a scandal that would be. Now, hurry along and get those bags packed. I will be leaving within the hour!"

Galbrecht's face burned red in embarrassment. He bowed stiffly and mutter a quick "Yes, m"Lord" before hurrying out the door.

Hadron shook his head as Galbrecht left the room. A second or two later, though, he had forgotten about the whole thing, and  excitedly started making plans for what he would do at the tournament.

Zakilevo

In his new home, the Indirikan Manor...

"My lord! I have an important message!"

"Bon. What is it. You are starting to sound like one of those crazies out there screaming about important messages of random things. The most crazy thing out there now is some worship of a red fruit I heard."

"Bloodfruit is indeed crazy but I am not here to tell you about something as silly as that, my lord. There is going to be a tournament soon in Swordfell!"

"What?! That backwater realm is hosting a tournament? I don't even remember when the last time our empire hosted a tournament. How dare they! Get ready! I must see this tournament myself!"

"I have already ordered everyone to get ready for the tournament, my lord. This is an excellent opportunity for you to find a bride as well!"

"What? Whose bride?"

"You, my lord. Lady Selis sent you a concerning letter about your marriage."

"Why does she care?"

"Because you are the current representative of your family on this continent."

"Well, I am sure I will find a fine young lady if I bothered to look."

"The last time I checked, no one sent you a letter asking for a marriage."

"Damn it Bon. You are keep-"

"Anyway, you have to get ready right away! We can't follow you since this is going to be a long journey and somebody has to defend your land while you are gone."

"And I am supposed to put you in charge?"

"Who else is there?"

"Good point... Fine Bon. You will be in charge. I need a squire to follow me, however."

"I have already found a squire for you, my lord. A minor family  living in Linhai decided to send their son to you."

"Good choice. Nobody can train him better than-"

"They originally wanted to send him to Lord Hadron but his land was too far from Linhai."

"STARS BE DAMNED! I won't accept this son of theirs!"

"Well who else is there for you to take as your squire to the tournament? You have to leave now and you have no choice but to take  him."

"ARGH! Fine! I will deal with this insult after the tournament!"

"Do what you wish, my lord. But please leave as soon as possible."

Zakilevo

After the grand tournament,

Urtagoth returned to his Indirikan manor in Linhai where his men eagerly waited for his return.

"You are back, my lord! Now I need you to pay us so we don't have to beat you to take what you owe us."

"Wait what?! Did I hear that right?!"

"Indeed, Sir. It is the honoured tradition of Battlemasterra. You would be surprised how many nobles were beaten or stripped naked to pay their men."

"Did I hire bandits or soldiers?"

"Anyone with a weapon can turn into a bandit, my lord. That is why you keep them happy."

"Fine. Take what I owe you from my vault."

Bon opened Urtagoth's vault and took some gold.

"How on earth did you manage to open my vault without my key?"

"My lord. Your vault has two keys. Do not worry, however. I am the only one who has the exact copy of your key. And you know me. I am your faithful right hand man."

"While I pay you well, right?"

"Indeed, my lord. So how was the tournament?"

"I was defeated in the first round. But I am not too disappointed. Lord Hadron lost with me. So there was nothing to be ashamed of."

"Well, after all you just started your career. There used to be a knight who mastered his sword in Morek within a year. Maybe you should try to do the same?"

"That sounds like an awful way to waste gold."

"It probably is but at least no one will run their mouth in front of you, my lord."

"Even Lord Hadron?"

"Eh. I don't think he likes running his mouth but unless he trains himself as well, I am sure he will be less enthusiastic about things before you."

"It is something to think about."

"Well, I will leave you to it, my lord."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Message sent to everyone in your realm (33 recipients)
Hadron's return from the tournament was even quicker than the trip there had been. For some reason riding northwest seemed to be faster than riding southeast. Prevailing wind patters, maybe? Well, no matter. Those kinds of trivial things were a matter for scholars, and of all the things that Hadron fancied himself as, a scholar was not one of them.

Galbrecht and his troopers had still been grumbling that they didn't get to go to the tournament. In fact, Galbrecht had said the men nearly revolted because he hadn't been able to pay them while Hadron was gone. Hadron gave Galbrecht a few extra gold to take the men out for a night on the town, and the men had drowned their complaints in ale. Or wine. Or whatever it was that common soldiers did to forget the fact that they were merely common soldiers. Disaster adverted, and things were back to normal.

Which brought Hadron back to the matter of Urtagoth. He had been thinking quite a bit about this while at the tournament. He'd seen Urtagoth a time or two from a distance, but had deftly avoided him. He hadn't yet figured out what to do about that incident in Nifelheim. Until finally, while the miles blurred quickly past on the trip home, he'd hit upon the answer. He summoned his scribe, and quickly dictated a letter that should be sent to Urtagoth.

-----

Count Urtagoth,

I am sorry to have missed you at the tournament in Balance's Retreat. I had heard that you were there, but I could never seem to find you. I see that you were eliminated in the first round, as was I. It is of no importance, though. Swordfighting was never much interest to me. I prefer jousting, the true sport of nobles.

Now that we are back in Morek, I have to apologize for ruining your plans in Nifelheim. I was unavoidably detained, and wasn't able to make the journey to meet. I hope you didn't wait too long there for me.

However, my man Galbrecht has ferreted out some news that maybe of interest. You've no doubt heard that Marshal Orris is worried that the crags in Yggdramir might cross the straights and invade Astrum lands. Well apparently crags are capable swimmers, able to swim long distances, though not very quickly. Several peasant villages along the northern coast report seeing some crag swarms headed east. Perhaps we should meet in Storm's Keep. The northern coasts are rugged, and it will take the crags several days to make the journey. If we hurry, we may be able to get there ahead of them, and attack them as they come ashore. If not, them we will be able to ride to the rescue of the locals.

I look forward to meeting you in Storm's Keep. Ride swiftly, or there may not be any crags left by the time you arrive.

-----

When he was done dictating the letter, Hadron had the scribe read it back to him, to make sure it was perfect. It was, of course. "Very well, scribe, sign it with all the usual titles and embellishments. Then send the fastest courier we have to deliver it."

After the scribe left, Hadron relaxed back into the comfortable chair by the fireplace, and smiled at the thought of Urtagoth sitting around in that godforsaken coast waiting in vain for him and the crags to arrive.

Zakilevo

When Urtagoth was enjoying watching his peasants working on the field, a messenger from the western border of the empire arrived. The messenger handed Bon a letter then departed.

"My lord. Lord Hadron sent you a letter."

"Good. Read it for me."
----
Count Urtagoth,

I am sorry to have missed you at the tournament in Balance's Retreat. I had heard that you were there, but I could never seem to find you. I see that you were eliminated in the first round, as was I. It is of no importance, though. Swordfighting was never much interest to me. I prefer jousting, the true sport of nobles.

Now that we are back in Morek, I have to apologize for ruining your plans in Nifelheim. I was unavoidably detained, and wasn't able to make the journey to meet. I hope you didn't wait too long there for me.

However, my man Galbrecht has ferreted out some news that maybe of interest. You've no doubt heard that Marshal Orris is worried that the crags in Yggdramir might cross the straights and invade Astrum lands. Well apparently crags are capable swimmers, able to swim long distances, though not very quickly. Several peasant villages along the northern coast report seeing some crag swarms headed east. Perhaps we should meet in Storm's Keep. The northern coasts are rugged, and it will take the crags several days to make the journey. If we hurry, we may be able to get there ahead of them, and attack them as they come ashore. If not, them we will be able to ride to the rescue of the locals.

I look forward to meeting you in Storm's Keep. Ride swiftly, or there may not be any crags left by the time you arrive.

----

"Nifelheim? What is he talking about?"

"Maybe he is mentioning about your plan of fighting Crags?"

"Well I had intention of doing it once I had finished organizing things in Linhai."

"To be honest you are not really doing much in Linhai, my lord."

"While that is true, my presence alone should-"

"Your presence doesn't really help peasants harvest their crops faster, my lord."

"Well in that case, I will simply have to go ahead with my plan to fight crags."

"You probably should, My lord. You've gained even more weight over the past few weeks. One would assume a tournament participant to lose weight but you, my lord, have shattered my assumption."

"It wasn't my fault! There were just too many people tossing free drinks all over! I couldn't disappoint those generous nobles. Enough of this talk! We are getting nowhere. Why are we even talking about my weight? Send a letter to Lord Hadron. Tell him I will meet him in Storm's keep. Also, send a letter to marshal Orris. Ask him about his experience with crags."

"Will you head out right away, my lord?"

"Yes. Get my horse ready as well."

With that Bon left Urtagoth's chamber.