Author Topic: RPs of Hadron, Og, and Urtagoth from Morek Empire  (Read 14758 times)

Zakilevo

After a long march from Linhai, Urtagoth finally arrived in Storms Keep.

"Now, we wait for Lord Hadron!"

"Indeed, my lord. I hope he will come to the keep quickly. Northern lands of the empire are too underdeveloped. There is literally nothing in the keep. We won't be able to self-sustain for too long."

"I am not sure why but unlike the rest of the empire, northern regions seem awfully undeveloped."

"Maybe Liberans destroyed everything before their fall? I am not sure what happened to the northern lands, my lord. Now the northern lands are just left abandoned mostly. If crags invade the north, they will just run over the north without any resistence."

"It is indeed worrisome. That is exactly why Lord Hadron asked me to see me in Storms Keep."

"Well I hope he isn't trying to get you."

"We are no children. Lord Hadron would never do such a thing!"

"Are you sure about that, my lord?"

"Eh... I certainly hope so!"

Zakilevo

When his men were about to depart the mountain to head back to Nifelhold, Urtagoth saw Galbrecht approaching him.

"My lord, that is Galbrecht. He serves Lord Hadron."

"Lord Hadron? In this mountain?"

"Well they are probably here for the same reason as us. Lurians."

"Yes. Lurians. I heard they could only be compared to crags. They must be driven off from the northern lands. Can't let them breed there too."

Galbrecht soon arrived and delivered his lord's invitation which Urtagoth decided to accept.

"Well who would thought those southern crags would bring Lord Hadron and I together."

"To Lord Hadron then my lord?"

"Yes!"

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Grr... Forgot to send a couple. Chronologically, these two belong before Urtagoths previous message.

Roleplay from Hadron Indirik   (2 days, 22 hours ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (27 recipients)
Somewhere on the slopes of Mt. Black Nastrond...

Hadron was bored. This mountain was the bane of his existence. It seemed like no matter where he wanted to go, the damn thing was in his way. Just as he was sure he was going to go insane, the line of troopers came to a stop. Since he wasn't really paying attention to anything, he had no idea what was going on. He quickly looked around, trying to figure it out before it became obvious that he had been daydreaming. Galbrecht was galloping back along the trail toward him.

"Ah, Galbrecht, are we there already?"

Galbrecht gave him a strange look. "No, m'Lord, we are not. A messenger from Nifelhold brings news, and a letter from Ordermarshal Helm himself. The Lurians have landed two expeditionary forces on our lands. One in Valldir, and one in Corlandt."

"Valldir?! But... that's on the northern shore! How did the Lurians get there?"

Galbrecht gave him a second strange look. "I assume by ship, m'Lord."

"But... that's near Storm's Keep. That's where I sent Lord Urtagoth! We have to hurry. We have to get there as quick as possible!"

"No, m'Lord, we cannot. The letter from Ordermarshal Helm contains orders for all Morekian nobles to rally in Nifelhold."

"But if the Lurians move down into Torrent's Breath, he'll be cut off and trapped in Storm's Keep."

"Aye, m'Lord, that he will. But there is nothing we can do about it. The messenger's will have reached Lord Urtagoth with news of the landing, and Ordermarshal Helm's orders. He should be traveling back toward the capital himself, as quickly as he can. Perhaps he can take ship from Storm's Keep over to Rye. Or at the least, the stronghold has stout walls."

"That is true, Galbrecht. Well, we had better get on the path to Nifelhold ourselves. We have our orders."

"At once, m'Lord."

Roleplay from Hadron Indirik   (2 hours, 48 minutes ago)
Somewhere in Mt. Black Nastrond...

Hadron was riding through the impromptu encampment that had sprung up on the slopes of The Mountain. The current irritation in his life was the disappearance of the scout that was supposed to have been reporting on the troop buildup, as requested by the Ordermarshal. He'd finally given up and sent a second scout, but he hadn't forgotten about that deserter.

As he rode along, absorbed in his own thoughts, Galbrecht suddenly gave a shout. "Lord Hadron, look over there! Isn't that the banner of the Holy Inquisition?"

It took Hadron a moment to figure out what Galbrecht was talking about. He'd all but forgotten that his own troop was flying the banner of the Holy Inquisition, too. He'd been flying it partly as a protest against the Imperial Wolves, but mostly just to have a banner to fly. The white field crossed by the vertical black stripe was quite striking. Simple and clean, as a banner should be.

"Who is it, Galbrecht? Can you tell who's pennant that is below it?"

Galbrecht spurred his horse on, and galloped ahead a short distance. Then he turned and called out "It's Sir Urtagoth!"

Hadron was immensely relieved. He'd been wondering whether Urtagoth had been able to skirt around the Lurians and make it back from Storm's Keep. "Quick, Galbrecth, go and catch him! Let him know we're here!"

Galbrecht knodded, then rushed off in the direction of Urtagoth's pennant.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Roleplay from Hadron Indirik
Message sent to everyone in your realm (26 recipients)
Somewhere on the slopes of Mt. Black Nastrond...

Two men rode side-by-side through the mountain pass. They were both dirty and disheveled. Their clothes were bloodstained, and their horses covered in mud and blood.

"So, Galbrecht, are you ready to talk about what happened back there?"

Galbrecht kept staring straight forward, but his eyes dipped down toward the raod. "Not really, m'Lord."

"Well, I'm not giving you a choice. What the hell happened? We weren't supposed to attack until sunSET, not sunRISE!"

Galbrecht shook his head a few times as he struggled to find the right words. "m'Lord I... it's the mountain, m'Lord."

"The mountain? Look, Galbrecht, this isn't really the time for jokes. I lost 15 cavalrymen in that fiasco. You and I are the only ones that survived, and we were BOTH wounded in that rain of death. And you're blaming the *mountain*?"

"m'Lord, there's no way we could possibly have arrived that early! We even got delayed by that washed out trail. You remember where we almost rode right over the edge into that ravine in the dark, right? It took us over an hour to find the way around. But we *still* arrived hours earlier that is possible. And how about where we came out? We came down that rocky slope, through the screen of scrub trees, right as the sun was rising, and the entire Lurian army was right there in front of us. When they started coming after us, there was no way we could escape back up that rocky slope with the horses. I had no choice but to sound the charge. I prayed that maybe we could have broken through to the city and joined the garrison or something."

"So you're saying that the *mountain* is ... trying to kill us ..."

Galbrecht looked around furtively, eyes darting from place to place. "Aye, m'Lord. It's the only explanation. It wants us dead. Remember that road that led us right up to that wall last time? It was a test. The damn mountain was testing us then. And now it knows what it can do. Next time, we may not survive."

The two men rode in silence for a few minutes.

"Galbrecht?"

"Yes, m'Lord?"

"You've gone completely insane, haven't you?"

"Umm... maybe, m'Lord. But that doesn't mean I'm wrong."

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Sorry for interrupting, but is this still happening? I have an advy sitting around on Dwilight looking for a purpose in life :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Yes. Urtagoth and Hadron are still there, still kicking. They are nobles in Morek.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Perhaps my advy should make the long trek, then. I've been curious about Morek for some time now.

Zakilevo

Roleplay from Urtagoth Lapallanch
After fighting several battles over a week, Urtagoth's unit was almost wiped out. Urtagoth looked around the battlefield while sitting on a dead Lurian soldier.

"My lord. We should probably head back to Nifelhold."

"Why is that, Bon? I can still fight. My hammer is thirst for more Lurian blood!"

"Your hammer hasn't been cleaned in days, my lord. It will rust soon. Also, we only have two healthy men. We would be lucky to stay alive on the field."

"Fine. Let's head back to Nifelhold."

"We should, my lord. Once your horse can walk again."

"What do you mean?"

"Your horse has been limping since the last battle, my lord."

"My horse likes to limp. What about it?"

"I didn't know your horse had an arrow head sticking out of its leg, my lord. Your horse must be enjoying the pain."

"My horse is one of the finest horses around. It can handle few arrows!"

"It will slow you down though."

"Well..."

"When we charge, you will fall behind the rest of us, my lord."

"Umm..."

"You will want to get a new horse when we get to Nifelhold, my lord. I am sure they still have those rare horses from the western continent. Although I doubt they will be any cheap."

"I am sure our empire is rich enough to fund me some gold for a horse!"

Zakilevo

Sorry. I've slacking off. Mostly because I am running out of ideas to write RPs on. But with Lurians constantly invading us, I am sure I can come up with things to write >:D

Zakilevo

As the sun rose above the battlefield, Urtagoth and his men readied themselves for the coming battle.

"Bon, prepare our men for a charge. I will smash those filthy Lurians with my new captain Meinolf. It will be a glorious charge."

"My lord, look! They are here! The peasant mob!"

"What can peasants do? They are leaderless. This is why we need to charge ahead of them to show how to fight!"

"You are right, my lord. They are leaderless. Just look. They are already charging with their pitchforks."

"Get on your horses! Time to charge!"

"My lord. Unfortunately, we can't charge. We came too ahead of our main army. We need to wait for them."

"What are you talking about Bon! It is now or never! Men follow me! We shall crush these Luri- ACK!"

Before Urtagoth could even get on his horse, arrows rained on them from the Lurian side. With no one to lead them, Urtagoth's men quickly scattered.

After two long hours, Urtagoth recovered his consciousness with an arrow sticking out from his thigh.

"My lord. We won the battle. Lurians have ditched the field and we are safe."

"Wha... Did the main army arrive?"

"No my lord. Peasants ate Lurians alive. They simply overwhelmed them."

"With pitchforks?"

"And other farm tools."

"..."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
"Urtagoth, what happened? Sir Reylich was preparing a feast for us, when all of a sudden we noticed you were missing. Next I hear you're charging across the fields in Caiyun, leading an army of peasants against the Lurians."

"I have to say, as impressive as your charge was, it was a bit rude of you to ride off and charge the Lurians leaving us behind waiting for you to show up for dinner. The least you could have done was warn us that you weren't going to attend dinner. We must have waited for nearly an hour for you to show up. Dinner was cold when we finally found out you were gone, and had to eat without you. I mean, I never expected that you, of all people, would pass up a meal."

Zakilevo

Roleplay from Urtagoth Lapallanch   (3 days, 1 hour ago)
"You have my apologies, Lord Hadron. But I never received an invitation letter. So I decided to attend a feast prepared by Lurians. It was one bloody feast I must say with a lot of chopped body parts being served. As my gift, I give you this interesting fruit. Some of those filthy Lurians called it a bloodfruit. I haven't tried it myself but I've seen Lurians eat this and be as happy as a baby on funny herbs."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Message sent to everyone in your realm (24 recipients)
Hadron sat in his private office, reading the correspondence from the past few days. He still wasn't sure how it had happened. Somehow, without any specific intention, he had become the spearhead for the nobility's discontent with the war. He hadn't meant for this to happen. He'd just asked a simple question. But then Urtagoth had sent that letter telling the nobles to contact Hadron to help fight crags.

The problem was that he didn't know where the crags were! He wasn't even sure he'd ever really seen a crag at all. There were those beasts in Nimh a few weeks ago. They were nasty enough, but were they crags?

How was he supposed to organize a hunt something when he didn't know where to look? Astrum was working to reclaim the west. Perhaps they would have some advice. He'd have to send them a letter and see.

Damn Urtagoth for setting him up for this! He'd have to find some way to pay him back for it. Sooner or later...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Message sent to everyone in your realm (25 recipients)
Hadron rode through gates of Aegir's Deep to the cheers of the crowd. He had become used to the adulation of the commoners over the past many months since his appointment. As lord of the region it was, after all, his due.

There was something different this time, though. Maybe there were a few less people than normal? Perhaps the cheering was a bit less enthusiastic, or some of the faces a bit more uncertain?

Hadron frowned a bit, and asked Galbraith if he noticed anything different.

"Aye, m'Lord. There is indeed something different today, though slight. Some of the merchants we passed along the road were the same way. Though they were hesitant to admit it, a few coins and some select provisions we obtained in Aegir were able to coax it out of them. It's the exile. While no one truly believes the accusations, it casts a shadow. Under that shadow, doubt creeps in. I fear it will only grow worse over the course of the next few months."

"Yes", Hadron replied. "I was afraid that was it. This will not be an easy thing to endure, Galbraith."

"Aye, m'Lord, it will not. You can still leave, though. Perhaps joining Astrum in their forays to the west ..."

Hadron cut off Galbraith's words before he could say more. "No, Galbraith. I will not give up. I have been wrongfully accused. I cannot run away with my tail between my legs. Honor demands that I uphold my name."

Galbraith nodded in assent. He knew when Hadron had dug in his heels, and would refuse to budge. "As you will, m'Lord."

"Make sure the men don't get too settled. We leave for Nifelhold almost immediately. If there's any grumbling about leaving again so soon, let them know that they can expect to have quite a bit of leisure time in the capital. The sooner we get there, the sooner they can have their fun."

Zakilevo

"My lord! Grandmistress Eviera has left the true faith and decided to step down soon."

"What? So what is going to happen to the exiles, Bon? I want to go visit a tavern but Eviera's dogs are stopping me from entering anywhere! I can't even buy a bread off of peasants because of those damn dogs!"

"Well you are still exiled, my lord. But Lord Hadron will be holding a feast in Nifelhold."

"Where? We can't enter any buildings."

"You don't have to hold the feast in a building."

"That is absurd! We are not attending a wedding of peasants! And what is this Eviera deciding to step down non-sense? Is that old crone finally admitting her defeat?"

"I do not believe that is her reason bu-"

"Of course she doesn't admit publicly but I am sure my words have touched that poor old woman and enlightened her like our holy prophet! I now understand why she left the church! She wants to start a religion revolving the one who has inspired her to admit her sins! Me! I can't wait to be the first prophet of the Church of Urtagoth! Good job Eviera, my first servant mwuahahah!"

"Uh are you okay, my lord? Did Lurians hit you in the head?"

"What are you talking about? I didn't eve encounter any Lurians when I was down south."