Author Topic: Luria Nova vs the rest (bis)  (Read 25732 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Luria Nova vs the rest (bis)
« Reply #60: December 04, 2014, 02:10:41 PM »
So... since your realm was destroyed, go join Morek, your alies, and use their gold to help you chop off a part of another part of Luria. And do it right this time.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: December 04, 2014, 02:58:10 PM »
So... since your realm was destroyed, go join Morek, your alies, and use their gold to help you chop off a part of another part of Luria. And do it right this time.

I'm sure their total of six nobles will make an amazing dent in Luria...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: December 04, 2014, 03:01:01 PM »
Nor do I think it'd be able to make a viable realm once more.

With all of the talk about how Barca was hollowed out, I really see no point in creating the realm anew.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: December 04, 2014, 04:18:19 PM »
All the same, should some Barcan nobles wish to see Barca recreated, negotiating something with Morek could be a good start. Maybe just join them, with the joint intent of gaining positions of power then splintering off as their own realm - with or without permission. None of the options are easy and the original plan of taking the land from Luria may have failed thus far but as long as at least one player's character desires Barca's return, said return remains a possibility!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: December 04, 2014, 05:20:11 PM »
Of course six nobles would make a dent. You'd damn near double the size of Morek's expeditionary force. And not only that, just think of all the interesting possibilities you have when you give a realm with Morek's resources, six disposable nobles!!!

Think big! Use your imagination! Stop being all "Woe is me, Barca died, I have nothing to live for".

How much damage do you think would have been done to Luria if, instead of dismantling Poryatown's infrastructure and walking away for Luria to quickly retake the city, Morek had turned Poryatown into a duchy, and then spun off a new realm? Morek has insane amounts of gold and more recruiting centers than I have ever seen. Picture 14 nobles, each leading 1,500 CS of troops, popping up in Poryatown. They take the city. Drop off 21,000 CS of militia. (It will actually be more CS, and more effective, if you split the huge units into several smaller units each.) The rich Morekian nobles send metric craptons of gold to one select person in Poryatown. (And not those wimpy Imperial craptons. We're talking the metric system, here.) That person withdraws all that as gold. Helm appoints them as lord of Poryatown. Eviera appoints him as duke of Poryatown. Duke secedes to create Barca v2.1! Time it right, and it could be done within a few minutes of Morek taking the city.

Suddenly, Poryatown isn't just an isolated Morekian region 1,500 miles from the capital, screwing up the stats of every *other* Morekian region. It's now a separate realm smack dab in the middle of Lurian lands, with nice walls, some nice RCs, and with 21,000 CS (or more) of militia. Those six nobles from Barca form the core of the realm, and can recruit more troops from the local RCs. One of them can become an ambassador, and turn the sympathy against Luria for free, and very effectively, since he's in his own realm as an ambassador. Morek can continue to supply gold and food to keep it running.

It doesn't have to be a "viable" realm. If it lasts for two weeks, it's a smashing success. It doesn't even have to be just Barcan nobles. Maybe you can attract some former Asylonians. Maybe a D'Haran or a Fissoan. And maybe a few Morekians who want to be closer to the front, or want more action. (And yes, they do exist.) Think you could get six? Maybe eight? How about if you could get 10?

Now you force Luria to make one hell of a decision. Allow that realm to stay there, growing stronger and raiding their back, or devote a huge army to trying to root them out. And even if they manage to siege the city, they now have to TO an enemy capital that despises them. They have to BTO Poryatown, basically destroying it in the process. And while they are dedicating that huge army to retaking Poryatown, Fissoa and D'Hara have a free reign to screw up the rest of Luria.

And even if you fail, you've had one hell of a ride. *And* you've shoved a big middle finger in Luria's face. What could be better?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: December 04, 2014, 06:09:24 PM »
That sounds abusive to me.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: December 04, 2014, 06:38:49 PM »
What's abusive? Capturing a city and attempting to make a realm out of it? How is that any more abusive than taking the city, stepping down from your lordship, appointing yourself to the lordship of the new city, tearing down all the buildings, and then appointing yourself back to your original lordship after the city is retaken?

If you take the city and try to make a realm out of it, even if you don't think it will work, then what's so abusive about it?

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: December 04, 2014, 07:39:17 PM »
I know I'm late to this conversation.

I am secretly hoping that all the refugee nobles in Luria will finally realize they'll never be granted an independent realm and start a rebellion/bite a chunk off of Morek/go back to Maroccidens on a glorious Reconquista! >:]

I'm one of those nobles (ex-Asylon). I'm not interested in a rebellion against Luria. They've treated us well and fairly. What I do want is about 3 nano-seconds of peace so I can put together an invasion of Morek and wrest the bottom 40% of that centre of wealth and doldrums away from them.

There's also a line of thought about bile towards some comments or ideas presented here from non-Lurians. I think it's more exasperation. The diplomatic notes from the revolving door of leaders representing some of the other nations, from our point of view, are a combination of unchanging demands made in the face of unchanging defeats and OOC suggestions for resolution that meet none of the needs of players/people in Luria.

None of these suggestions for peace from non-Lurians ever reflect a solution likely to be attractive to Luria nor to the exiles within Luria who would, under the right conditions, be happy to start a new nation. It's an OOC suggestion, but maybe you should start talking to us in-game about what we want too.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:09:28 PM by Shulee »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: December 04, 2014, 08:17:28 PM »
What's abusive? Capturing a city and attempting to make a realm out of it? How is that any more abusive than taking the city, stepping down from your lordship, appointing yourself to the lordship of the new city, tearing down all the buildings, and then appointing yourself back to your original lordship after the city is retaken?

If you take the city and try to make a realm out of it, even if you don't think it will work, then what's so abusive about it?

Seceding to bring recruitment capacities on the border?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: December 04, 2014, 08:25:43 PM »
That doesn't really count when the city being seceded would be totally non-viable as a region of the parent realm, but could be viable as a realm on its own.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: December 04, 2014, 08:38:33 PM »
Seems like a perfectly legit plan to me.

I don't think Sholan is interested in peace, especially if this war is what is holding the realm together. He only has ever had the one noble character on that account too.

I'm not sure I can do it right, can you join with us and help please?

More like four, one that was listed was autopaused and one is a ghost.

Think big! Use your imagination! Stop being all "Woe is me, Barca died, I have nothing to live for".
Nah that's just you. RIP Barca but at least now I can go and try something new, it was pretty much dead one or or another for a long time.

And even if you fail, you've had one hell of a ride. *And* you've shoved a big middle finger in Luria's face. What could be better?
Not having the entire plan laid out for them on the forums? :p
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:43:41 PM by Ossan »
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: December 04, 2014, 10:48:12 PM »
I'm not sure I can do it right, can you join with us and help please?
I already have a character in Morek. Started last week. Come on up and join him. Maybe he'll be willing to help you out . :)

Nah that's just you.
Mrh? Methinks you got your quoting messed up. I'm not all sad about Barca. I wasn't ever part of it.

Not having the entire plan laid out for them on the forums? :p
Well, you know, sometimes in order to combat all this negativity about nothing will help, there's no way to do anything, etc., etc., you just have to give some specific examples of things that *can* be done. And in no way was that plan unrealistic or impossible. And in no way is it the *only* possible plan, or the only possible thing that can be done. There are other things that can happen. Other paths to take. You just have to use your imagination, and stop thinking that there's nothing to do, or that there's no possible way that anyone will would be interested in helping you.

Talk to people. Ask for help. Propose ideas. See what they respond. Ask for alternative plans, or other things that people might be willing to do to help. Maybe you're right, and they'll just tell you to piss off. Or maybe they'll say "No we won't help you, but you're welcome to come join us and be good little sheeple in our armies." But if you're lucky, maybe they'll help. Or provide something close enough to what you want that you can accept it along with whatever they ask in return.

Or, maybe you can even talk Morek or Astrum out of a duchy. Morek's got enough cities and townslands that every noble could be a duke. See if you can get together a few nobles and propose something to them.

The key thing is, there *are* options.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: December 04, 2014, 11:20:32 PM »
When the short term fails, the long term comes into play. I remember spending a RL year working on getting colony plans up and running on Dwilight before.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Zakilevo

« Reply #73: December 05, 2014, 12:20:56 AM »
Indirik isn't the only one in Morek! Come join us in Morek and RP every day \o/

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: December 05, 2014, 02:39:37 PM »